Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Major "players" investing money into RL.

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

I'm actually inclined to think the opposite - lack of match fitness and sharpness.

Is it significant that the only year Rovers won the GF was the year they didn't have Challenge Cup Final week off ? :mellow:

I would tend to agree. Whilst its clearly far from easy to take the route Sheff took this year, four consecutive knockout games, I'm not convinced the schedule for the league leaders has been advantageous.

Week off.
Final league game.
Week off.
Play off.
Week off.
Grand final.

Two games in the 6 weeks prior the final seems too little, if anything, to me. I know some aren't happy with a league game over cup final weekend but its an improvement for me. Probably unavoidable taking into account cc1 with only 9 clubs and bye weeks.

#102 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hull KR getting impatient!

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#103 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Be a real shame if this turns out to be nowt but talk, but that looks to be the most likely outcome from reading that.