Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Christmas TV

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

It's funny, but over the last 15 years my cynacism and antipathy towards Christmas in general, and Christmas TV in particular has hightened. Now my daughter is 4 years old, and I am 50 & approaching a difficult time in life, I have started to ... Like... Christmas again.
There is lots of Disneys film on over these days that I either haven't seen, EVER, or not seen in Donkeys, as well as Shrek.
Presents? I probably bought more this year, not because of July- but because I love the people involved, than any year for20, although next year might be difficult-er.

As we approach 2013, may we wish youths right course through life's little rapids & I hope you have a better 2013, than I had a 2012 x
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,313 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well, given the subject heading is Christmas TV I might as well have a yak about that.

Being devastatingly middle class I've enjoyed the new Snowman animation and the Outnumbered Christmas special (very little focus on the kids and a lot more about the foibles of adults, worked well). I also found and taped the Holiday Armadillo episode of Friends because it makes me laugh like a drain every time I see it.

In the absence of any other live sport I'm going to be trying to appreciate the NBA later.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Now I have a Daughter of 4 (my only kid), & we are now also expecting a Grandchild (through my partners 19 year old), I have discovered Disney films.
Although Alladin was a bit scary for 4's
Lady & Tramp is wonderful, as I haven't seen it in 35 years.

Damnation & f-word. I am not taking her to EuroDisney. Then again, she starts School in September 13.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,400 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Outnumbered is quite frankly OUTSTANDING! But the one that made me cry laughing was Mrs Browns Boys.

#5 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Enjoyed the Royle Family (though it felt like 2 episodes stitched together).
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

'Snowman & Snowdog' felt like it had been cobbled together by a committee.

High hopes, however, for 'Restless' on the BBC in a 2-part dramatisation on the 26th and 27th.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Caught Last 15 minutes of Andre Rieu In Masstchrict (haha spl me thinks) Cathedral. Wish I'd have caught the lot. Nice relaxing music, seasonal, in nice surroundings with a fit sopprano. :lol:

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#8 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

The amazing story about the Military Wives Choir left me very emotional and in tears.

#9 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

To take the tone down a little, I'm currently watching Land of the Lost - useless movie but Anna Friel is running around with very short shorts and a vest.

Edited by WearyRhino, 26 December 2012 - 01:28 PM.

LUNEW.jpg

#10 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Caught Last 15 minutes of Andre Rieu In Masstchrict (haha spl me thinks) Cathedral. Wish I'd have caught the lot. Nice relaxing music, seasonal, in nice surroundings with a fit sopprano. :lol:

my missus watches his stuff all the time on sky arts and the dvds of him. i find his live concerts quite entertaining and that carmen monacha who sings is stunning both with her voice and her looks.
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#11 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Just watched my first ever episode of 'Downton Abbey'. Bloody hellfire, that's terrible! About 100 times worse than I'd feared. A screenful of plywood, and that's being charitable.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#12 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Watching television is so working class.

#13 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

The best thing on tell has been the repeats of Only Fools and Horses on UK gold.

#14 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Just watched my first ever episode of 'Downton Abbey'. Bloody hellfire, that's terrible! About 100 times worse than I'd feared. A screenful of plywood, and that's being charitable.

The scenery or the acting?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#15 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

The best thing on tell has been the repeats of Only Fools and Horses on UK gold.

There is no such thing as "the best thing on telly." It's all rubbish.

Yours huffily,

E. Scrooge

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#16 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

The scenery or the acting?

Just about everyone delivered their cliched dialogue in the stilted manner of a terrorist hostage video.

#17 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Just about everyone delivered their cliched dialogue in the stilted manner of a terrorist hostage video.

I warn you, despite its flaws, and there are many (just you wait till you get to some of the historical reference stuff), it can be strangely addictive, and enjoyable.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#18 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Plenty of good films for the kiddywinks.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#19 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

...and the lovely Hayley Atwell to look forward to in the William Boyd adaptation of Restless.
In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

More repeats of Morecambe and Wise,Robot Chicken Star wars on Sci-Fi channel on Christmas night,superb.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 27 December 2012 - 07:14 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users