Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Christmas TV

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Enjoyed Miranda - such fun!
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#22 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,818 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Enjoyed Miranda - such fun!

That character of her mother - I've met real versions of her. Terrifying and unstoppable!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#23 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Enjoyed the Royle Family (though it felt like 2 episodes stitched together).

I thought it was absolutely terrible. The originals had storylines based in the real world but this one was just ludicrous - almost a parody of the early episodes.

Mrs Brown's Boys was ok, Doctor Who was weak and I think that The Big Bang Theory has just about run its course.

The RU Tries of the year was funny as they had to include South African club matches / NZ Cup comp / Super 1?'s and internationals to fill 30 minutes even though they show at least twice if not three times as many UK / European matches as they do Super League.
Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#24 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,458 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Caught Last 15 minutes of Andre Rieu In Masstchrict (haha spl me thinks) Cathedral. Wish I'd have caught the lot. Nice relaxing music, seasonal, in nice surroundings with a fit sopprano. :lol:

Ditto for another Sky Arts programme ... I caught the back end (ooh err missus!!) of Burlesque Undressed, featuring artiste Immodesty Blaize and a virtuoso song delivery from Marc Almond.

Must be worth a look at the whole programme when it's repeated. B)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#25 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Watched to road journey in Madagascar and very dodgy, to say the least. Some of the bridges were not for the faint-hearted!

#26 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Father Ted was hilarious, as usual.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#27 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well Zulu has been on so jobs a good 'un.

#28 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Watched to road journey in Madagascar and very dodgy, to say the least. Some of the bridges were not for the faint-hearted!

Just watched that Mariella Frostrup is my kind of women.

#29 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Just watched that Mariella Frostrup is my kind of women.

You mean there's more than one of her? :o

Wow! :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#30 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,333 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Tonights Worlds Most Dangerous Roads!!!! Jessica Hynd is M..A..D..!

#31 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Looking forward to watching the recording.

#32 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

She was quite brilliant!
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#33 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,077 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Watched a couple of the Royal Intitute Christmas lectures. Very well presented on a subject I am woefully ignorant (Chemistry).

Edited by Severus, 29 December 2012 - 09:39 AM.

Fides invicta triumphat

#34 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,333 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

I watched a couple, too. Hugely inspirational for young aspiring chemists, I would have thought.

#35 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

I watch them every year, since being a kid.
I don't always understand them (even though they are aimed at kids), but I always learn something new.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#36 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,458 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Proper bit of Cajun on the new 118 118 advert.

:)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#37 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Only seen one programme this Xmas, a history of summer season variety acts at Blackpool, excellent and a interesting contrast with the reputation of the town today

#38 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,344 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

The best thing on tell has been the repeats of Only Fools and Horses on UK gold.

The "Time on their hands" episode is genius. Well deserved its record audience.

I have had to resort to Sky+ far too often, lots of channels, so little quality. Still, "Superstars" is on later, that takes me back to a happy time when Morecambe and Wise were on at Christmas.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#39 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

I thought it was absolutely terrible. The originals had storylines based in the real world but this one was just ludicrous - almost a parody of the early episodes.

Mrs Brown's Boys was ok

Couldnt agree more about the Royle Family. It used to be simple and discrete and people could often relate to some of the things going on, but now they have made the characters incredibly stupid.
Its been a major problem with all the Christmas specials as all the characters havent featured, and the show without Nana, Anthony, Cheryl, Mary and even Twiggy just doesnt feel balanced.

Mrs Browns Boys pt 1 was enjoyable, pt2 was terrible. The worst they have done by far!

I enjoyed Outnumbered and Him and Her.

#40 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,818 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Not a vintage year for Christmas TV, although I enjoyed 'Outnumbered'. I've (hopefully) recorded 'Restless' so that may be a consolation when I get home on New Year's Day.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)