Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Football

• Please log in to reply
1122 replies to this topic

#341 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

the actual prices  "Tickets were available in four price categories – Category 1: €135, Cat 2: €100, Cat 3: €70, Cat 4: €45, Youth Package (1 child and 1 adult): €90 and Wheelchair: €45."

see http://www.uefa.com/...kets/index.html

Roughly the same prices as the FA Cup Final.

#342 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 963 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Bradford City are in the fourth division playoffs tonight.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if they won.

God, I must be going soft in my old age.

I almost never watch soccer, and watching this game reminds me why not. This is truly dire stuff, do people pay good money for this? Twenty minutes gone and the ball's been in the air for nineteen of them.

And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death

#343 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

What if I take my garden roller in?

I came past the Green Dragon in Welton at 11:45 and there was a Cardiff supporters bus parked outside. They can't have been in too much of a hurry to get to the game.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#344 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Leeds are 1-0 up at Watford.

Drat and double drat!

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#345 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

I came past the Green Dragon in Welton at 11:45 and there was a Cardiff supporters bus parked outside. They can't have been in too much of a hurry to get to the game.

Either that or they've believed the Allam's Melton stadium hyoe, albeit, a tad early.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#346 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Watford get one back, woo hoo.

Frasier Campbell scores for Cardiff!

#347 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Dear God, 2-1 to City.

#348 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

2-2, penalty missed, penalty scored.

Now,over to Watford.

#349 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hull City are in the Premiership next year.

They owe Leeds Utd a beer or several.

#350 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Cracking last day in the Championship all over, especially for the Yorkshire teams. Soccer Saturday came into it's own in particular! Double celebrations at Huddersfield vs Barnsley - apparently when it was clear both teams were safe the Barnsley keeper just kept the ball in his box for about 2 minutes and nobody even challenged for it!

Edited by Amber Avenger, 04 May 2013 - 02:18 PM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#351 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Either that or they've believed the Allam's Melton stadium hyoe, albeit, a tad early.

They better get a wriggle on if they're going to build it in time for the Premiership season.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#352 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hull City are in the Premiership next year.

They owe Leeds Utd a beer or several.

Speaking of beers I hope all those City supporters have drunk themselves stupid and cleared off home before we head out to Newland Ave later.

The last thing I want to encounter is a load of tanked up soccer fans.

#353 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

:D

Wemberlay

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#354 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,598 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

Stan's right.

In that game today it was if there was an invisible high net near the centre circle that City had to keep kicking the ball over.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#355 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,868 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

:D

Wemberlay

Hmmm... I'm hoping all of the proper City fans are bankrupt now so I stand an outside chance of a ticket.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#356 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,651 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

The hypertensive rubicund jock reaps what he has sown,. See Guardian article here

#357 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Que Será, Será,
Whatever will be, will be,
I'm going to Wembley,
But only for the Challenge Cup Final and the Rugby League World Cup Semi-Final Double Header as Swindon Town lost to cheating, diving Brentford on penalties!

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 06 May 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#358 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

North Ferriby United have won promotion to the Conference North this weekend. Ground share with the Targers at Church Road perhaps?

#359 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

North Ferriby United have won promotion to the Conference North this weekend. Ground share with the Targers at Church Road perhaps?

I might suggest that on the Dull Daily Wail website.

I feel a meltdown coming on...

#360 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I might suggest that on the Dull Daily Wail website.

I feel a meltdown coming on...

Do it.

You know you want to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users