Football

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

#521 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

"Germany's group had spain and Holland in it, one giant was bound to go out and it had to be then."

Spain left it late in both their 1-0 games v Russia and Germany( 82 & 86 minutes).

Germany 0-2 behind the Dutch at half time then dominated the second half and got back to 2-2, then lost it in the 90th minute.

Lot of squeaky bums here in the Netherlands for that game ...believe me.

Big surprise them going home early.

Saying that the Dutch look strong...up against the holders Spain on Wednesday...

#522 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Poorly worded that quote. Should say 'just happened to be them.'

#523 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,845 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Presumably Marco Van Basten is pouring over a map to try and find out were the hell Wigan actually is ahead of his rumoured interview this week!

#524 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Poorly worded that quote. Should say 'just happened to be them.'

Knew what you meant :-)

Had some good times with Big Frank Foster at Barrow in the 80's so a Barrow accent is easy to wuk oot...

#525 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

Presumably Marco Van Basten is pouring over a map to try and find out were the hell Wigan actually is ahead of his rumoured interview this week!

Hmmmm Not heard that one over here .....

#526 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,845 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hmmmm Not heard that one over here .....

Don't think there's anything in it, seen it in a few places, but this is the first I could lay my hands on link wise, hardly any credability to it!  Although he was drifting in from 66/1 to at the bookies, Whelan keeping his cards close to his chest for once, one of the bookies apparently has 6 possibles tied at 6/1 joint favourites.

#527 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Holland made eleven changes to their starting line up for the final group game against Spain.

Strange very strange...now with the 3-0 defeat they face a decent Italian side in the semi final rather than the easier (on paper) Norwegians.

Still take the Dutch to win the tournament but how far behind are we when Holland can field TWO  competitive elevens in the tournament and we struggle to get one decent eleven on the park.

#528 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

I was round my late bros house yesterday and his wife gave me a bag of his old football programmes. Mainly involving Spurs, and Bradford City from the late 60's to the late 80'.
Fascinating stuff and there's a cup tie City v Spurs at Valley Parade from 1970 signed by Jimmy Greaves. - and you should see the Spurs team, legendary line up....no playing the reserves here. Incredible to see how football has changed from those days. Oh and nearly all of them call it soccer , they must be yanks or something

Loads of stuff...Hudds v Spurs 1971, Halifax v Spurs 1984...great reading.

Martin Chivers, Alan Gilzean........................

#529 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,832 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

It's daylight robbery what some footballers get paid.

http://www.thetelegr...robbery_charge/

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#530 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

It's daylight robbery what some footballers get paid.

http://www.thetelegr...robbery_charge/

Robbery in Shat-disgraceful.

#531 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,845 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

Owen Coyle, Owen Bloody Coyle - I can't speak!

#532 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,832 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

A handy trait in a Lancastrian.

:D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#533 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

WTF is the FIFA Confederations Cup?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#534 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,845 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

WTF is the FIFA Confederations Cup?

Not sure about its histroy, but now its the dress rehearsal for the World Cup, I guess it makes sure the host nation has everything in place 12 months in advance.

#535 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

Champion from each Confederation plus World Cup holders and World Cup hosts.

But, yes, it's a trial run these days for the World Cup to test out how good the Brazilian police are at firing rubber bullets at peaceful protests.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#536 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Owen Coyle, Owen Bloody Coyle - I can't speak!

Could be worse....Joe Kinnear Footbal Director....poor Toon fans.

#537 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Holland made eleven changes to their starting line up for the final group game against Spain.

Strange very strange...now with the 3-0 defeat they face a decent Italian side in the semi final rather than the easier (on paper) Norwegians.

Still take the Dutch to win the tournament but how far behind are we when Holland can field TWO  competitive elevens in the tournament and we struggle to get one decent eleven on the park.

I know nowt :-(

#538 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,845 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Could be worse....Joe Kinnear Footbal Director....poor Toon fans.

I can't work that one out, reading the interviews yesterday seemed Kinnear was going out of his way to upset Pardew, perhaps its Ashley looking for a cheap way out of Pardews 8 year deal!

#539 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,235 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

Looking forward to Kinnear's press conference. Why? This is what happened last time. Caution - sweary. Very sweary. :D

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#540 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

The twelve clubs to compete in the inaugural Scottish Lowland League in 2013/14 were announced today.

The twelve, all from the East of Scotland and South of Scotland leagues, are:-

Spartans FC, 
Threave Rovers FC, 
Preston Athletic FC, 
Gretna (2008) FC, 
Whitehill Welfare FC, 
Dalbeattie Star FC, 
East Kilbride FC, 
Selkirk FC, 
Gala Fairydean Rovers FC, 
Edinburgh City FC, 
University of Stirling FC,  
Vale of Leithen FC.

Four more places will be available for season 2014/15, when the champions will play off against the winners of the Highland League. The winners of that  earn the right to take on the bottom club of the Scottish Professional Football League.

http://www.scottishf...=3&newsID=12052

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users