TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Football

• Please log in to reply
1219 replies to this topic

#741 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Gillingham doing what football does best, wins them League two title, struggle this term then they sack Martin Allen. I pray Bradford have some sense and keep Parkinson for a long time.

Nice to see Michael Parkinson doing something with his free time now that he's not interviewing celebrities

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#742 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Town Green under elevens of Ashton-in-Makerfield won a league match recently 16-1, only to suffer a 13-0 defeat the following week in a cup-tie. Football's ups and downs. Interestingly, only nine goals count in league games. I wonder what would be the result in the unlikely score of 10-9?

#743 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,517 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

This England-Poland match is bloody good. England really going for it.

#744 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Ukraine only won 8-0 because San Marino had 2 players sent off - discuss.

Bloody Andorra let me down again at the bookies, I thought they might have scored at least one goal in qualification matches, 0-30, not as bad as San Marino though. 1-54
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#745 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

I wish they'd all learn to say football correctly. 2 distinct syllables - foot and ball. NOT fubell, NOT fubellers. The quality of their diction is starting to match the quality of the game!

LUNEW.jpg

#746 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

I wish they'd all learn to say football correctly. 2 distinct syllables - foot and ball. NOT fubell, NOT fubellers. The quality of their diction is starting to match the quality of the game!

Such snobbery from an egalitarian!

Anyway, it's pronounced 'sock-err'.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#747 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

Sock it to 'em! Back in time, Soccus was a slipper type football boot.

#748 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

http://www.theguardi...t-investigation

Genuinely can't believe that i) this is a news story and ii) Kick It Out are getting involved. It's things like this why people don't take them as seriously as they should.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#749 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's fitba (p. fit-baw).

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#750 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

http://www.theguardi...t-investigation

Genuinely can't believe that i) this is a news story and ii) Kick It Out are getting involved. It's things like this why people don't take them as seriously as they should.

What a load if old nonsense.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#751 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

It's fitba (p. fit-baw).

I've read McAuslan, I know how to say it.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#752 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

I've read McAuslan, I know how to say it.

Yer shilpit wee nyaff! ;) 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#753 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Good luck, Ched.

http://www.chedevans...ge-for-yourself

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#754 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Good luck, Ched.

http://www.chedevans...ge-for-yourself

Why good luck?

#755 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Obviously, I wasn't at the trial ... but the evidence seems a bit dodgy and the sentence seems excessive for the circumstances. So I hope he gets a right to appeal.

#756 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Obviously, I wasn't at the trial ... but the evidence seems a bit dodgy and the sentence seems excessive for the circumstances. So I hope he gets a right to appeal.

He's hardly an impartial observer.

#757 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

True, but: -

- The  lady in question was hardly drunk and incapable when she was recorded on the hotel security camera footage, as she claimed in court to have been at the time.

- She also deleted her Facebook comments from that evening, possibly because she didn't think it would help her case.

- According to Ched's webpage, at the time of their being charged with rape .... 'the police had no forensic evidence to link either man to the sexual act, nor did the police have a complaint of rape.'

- Two men were involved, one was found not guilty, one was found guilty.

- Six witness statements were not presented in court; they were not supportive of the claimant's case.

- He's served eighteen months and has another year to go. I feel that, given the seeming irregularities, eighteen months is enough.

#758 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

True, but: -

- The lady in question was hardly drunk and incapable when she was recorded on the hotel security camera footage, as she claimed in court to have been at the time.

- She also deleted her Facebook comments from that evening, possibly because she didn't think it would help her case.

- According to Ched's webpage, at the time of their being charged with rape .... 'the police had no forensic evidence to link either man to the sexual act, nor did the police have a complaint of rape.'

- Two men were involved, one was found not guilty, one was found guilty.

- Six witness statements were not presented in court; they were not supportive of the claimant's case.

- He's served eighteen months and has another year to go. I feel that, given the seeming irregularities, eighteen months is enough.

Can you see any flaws in the above?

#759 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ya beauty!!!!

Rochdale come from behind to beat Northampton Town 3-2 and go top of the league.

The Keith Hill Revolution 2.0

No Fear!
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#760 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

Can you see any flaws in the above?

His cause is admittedly not an open and shut case; otherwise he would have been found not guilty.

However, despite the indicated irregularities he was apparently refused a right of appeal. On the face of it, this seems strange. Was he refused a right of appeal to avoid embarrassing the way the evidence was handled by the judge, the CPS and the police?

He is not a superstar footballer or, as far as I am aware, part of any gangland clan. He seemingly has a degree of support from his local community ... the claimant has reportedly moved away (understandable) and been given a new identity (surely all rape victims are not offered this option as a standard policy?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users