Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Football

• Please log in to reply
1172 replies to this topic

#921 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,287 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

I'l give it a miss, thanks. Eastbourne is not really for me..it's full of old people.

#922 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Alan Pardew's favourite song:-

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=g9nGalzYRp4

Sweet as a nut.

#923 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

I'm currently writing a piece for my website about discrimination relating to women's football and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience on the subject? Their sport has made giant strides since being banned from FA affiliated grounds in 1921 but still faces prejudice today. Tam Cowan from the Daily Record took a huge swipe at their participation in an article written last September. 

As for junior football in Lancashire, the Lancashire FA are experimenting by asking supporters to remain silent during a match. This decision is to see if youngsters enjoy the game more without distraction. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 08 March 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#924 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'm currently watching events unfold at the KC Stadium yet I still can't quite believe it...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#925 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

...and they've managed to avoid Arsenal and Man City in the semis.

They must be strong favourites to beat Sheff Utd, be interesting to see, if they reach the final, whether it affects the magic weekend tickets or not.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#926 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,241 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Hull City v Sheffield United?  That's a proper semi final.  Shame it's at Wembley.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#927 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Agree. Bring back Villa Park.

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#928 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

They must be strong favourites to beat Sheff Utd, be interesting to see, if they reach the final, whether it affects the magic weekend tickets or not.

Man City have now avoided Arsenal in the semi.  ;)

Trust the blues!  :sleep:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#929 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Man City have now avoided Arsenal in the semi.  ;)

Trust the blues!  :sleep:

And the mighty citeh season shrinks yet again.

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#930 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,524 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Hull City v Sheffield United?  That's a proper semi final.  Shame it's at Wembley.

Agreed. It's just not right.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#931 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,524 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Heady days for Ull Targers. They're actually a half decent side now. Can't see them slipping up against Sheff U.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#932 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Heady days for Ull Targers. They're actually a half decent side now. Can't see them slipping up against Sheff U.

Famous last words. I hope you're right.

#933 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,241 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

I'l give it a miss, thanks. Eastbourne is not really for me..it's full of old people.

Decent game in the end.  Eastbourne United AFC winning 2-1.  Only two red cards this time.

- Severus, July 2012

#934 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

Well that turned out nice again!  :biggrin:

#935 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

England have been poor lately, so it is nice to see an article optimistic about future England performance:

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/2641675.stm

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#936 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

England have been poor lately, so it is nice to see an article optimistic about future England performance:

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/2641675.stm

Ha, some of those names in the squad there. 

#937 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,241 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

A little ripple of sadness in the wider soccerballing world: Rye United (established 1938) have folded as they could not find the investment to help them finish the season.  Decent ground and well-supported (for a town of 6,000 people) but even in the Sussex County League soccer is an expensive business.

- Severus, July 2012

#938 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

Please read this great article from the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph...rkest-days.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#939 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

Build up has started for this weekend's big local derby - Old Town vs Croft

It maybe only u14's but at my son's school important bragging rights are up for grabs.

Can't wait, nervous already! Come on Croft!

#properfootball
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#940 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

A little ripple of sadness in the wider soccerballing world: Rye United (established 1938) have folded as they could not find the investment to help them finish the season.  Decent ground and well-supported (for a town of 6,000 people) but even in the Sussex County League soccer is an expensive business.

Always sad to see a club go to the wall.

Not sure what its like down there, but the sums payed out up here by clubs at the bottom of the pryamid with double digit crowds on average in some cases are staggering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users