• Please log in to reply
1198 replies to this topic

#1101 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

They've got houses to buy up though.

Some of the Class of 92 own Salford City.

They appear to throwing the cash about, quite a few lads from last season have been let go and I believe they've just signed Jason Jarrett, ex Wigan Athletic amongst others, was a top earner at Chester last season in the Conference so will no doubt be a very very expensive Evo Stick player!

#1102 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

They appear to throwing the cash about, quite a few lads from last season have been let go and I believe they've just signed Jason Jarrett, ex Wigan Athletic amongst others, was a top earner at Chester last season in the Conference so will no doubt be a very very expensive Evo Stick player!

Looking forward to a power struggle between FC United of Manchester and Salford City soon.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#1103 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

Again though - not many clubs have definitely gone.  Even our friends Manchester still exist even if they have to freefall for a bit to find their new, broke level.

There is plenty of money going.  The sport has never been so prosperous.  It is as if it has won the lottery and has spent all the money on jaffa cakes.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#1104 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

Looking forward to a power struggle between FC United of Manchester and Salford City soon.

Be interesting to see how it pans out!

Wigan Robin Park play Salford pre season so looking forward to seeing what "stars" they field in that fixture!

#1105 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

There is plenty of money going.  The sport has never been so prosperous.  It is as if it has won the lottery and has spent all the money on jaffa cakes.

Rugby union clubs do not spend money on jaffa cakes.  They spend it on salted dark chocolate, citrus-infused pastries that are washed down with dessert wine and the tears of peasants.

- Severus, July 2012

#1106 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

There is plenty of money going. The sport has never been so prosperous. It is as if it has won the lottery and has spent all the money on jaffa cakes.

It's all down to a bunch of blokes who if they were poor would be seriously considered for mental health care because of their delusions. I know one level 7 club whose owner has thrown money at the club and told the coaching staff that he expects to see them in the Championship (level 2) in no more than 6 or 7 seasons. This despite me knowing one level 5 club that had a £1.3m first team budget (players, coaches, travel, etc) not being good enough to get promoted.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#1107 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

No-one ever goes broke from having more money than sense.  Brokes people typically have more sense than money.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#1108 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

If anyone on here is a gambler, don't bet on Spain because 1. the odds will be lousy and 2. I've just got them in a world cup sweepstake.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1109 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

ITV having to fill and fill because of a thunderstorm. Adrian Chiles to Roy Hodgson "how about a bit of despair, Roy?"  :biggrin:

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1110 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

ITV having to fill and fill because of a thunderstorm. Adrian Chiles to Roy Hodgson "how about a bit of despair, Roy?"  :biggrin:

Chiles knows as much about football as i do about brain surgery

#1111 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

Football League has apparently rejected the proposal for a 'League Three' and for strategic loan partnerships.

However the thing currently called the Johnstone's Paint Trophy may be reconfigured to admit Premier League B teams.

And thus England will win the 2022 World Cup.

- Severus, July 2012

#1112 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

John Oliver on FIFA and the World Cup. Very funny, slightly chilling.

#1113 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

FIFA are a disgusting organisation, the personal plaything of dictator Blatter. He's now pulling the race card to get himself out of the utterly ridiculous and obviously corrupt choice of Qatar in 2022.

At least with RL the worst we face is self-interest and incompetence instead of corruption. The worst is that nothing will be done and the whole event is just seen as another black mark on English football, meaning that we'll probably never see an English World Cup again in my lifetime.

#1114 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

Can't help but notice the pre-season friendlies this summer has thrown up this fixture;

Cheadle Town v Steaua Bucharest

Monday 30th June, 7pm kick off, more details here.

Cheadles is a cracking little ground, got to be worth a look if your in the area!

#1115 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

We've drawn Derry City in the Europa League qualifying.

- Severus, July 2012

#1116 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

We've drawn Derry City in the Europa League qualifying.

That should be a cracking tie; is it winnable do you think? If so, will they be at home in the next round on 17th July? I ask because I'm in mid-Wales that week (daughter's graduation) and I wouldn't mind popping along.

St Johnstone have drawn FC Luzern from Switzerland, which is certainly more welcome than last year's tie with FC Minsk. The authorities don't seem to understand the needs of travelling football fans regarding visas.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#1117 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

That should be a cracking tie; is it winnable do you think? If so, will they be at home in the next round on 17th July? I ask because I'm in mid-Wales that week (daughter's graduation) and I wouldn't mind popping along.

St Johnstone have drawn FC Luzern from Switzerland, which is certainly more welcome than last year's tie with FC Minsk. The authorities don't seem to understand the needs of travelling football fans regarding visas.

I don't think it is particularly winnable.  We got into Europe via the Welsh Cup - losing finalists to TNS after what must have been one of the easiest runs to the final in history.  Even our semi final was against a lower tier side - and we finished 7th (albeit disputed) because we didn't make the top half of the split in the league.  I'd expect a spirited but heavy defeat over two legs.

With regards to the next round. This tie is match 27 and my understanding is that the home side on July 17 will be the side that wins match 27.  They will play Shakhtyor Salihorsk of Belarus.

- Severus, July 2012

#1118 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

From the Spanish 2nd Division, CD Lugo's beer and octopus-styled strips.

BtJDVAxIYAAs66l.jpg

Edited by Futtocks, 22 July 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#1119 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

The new soccerball season starts today.  My dad is taking me to see Banbury United v North Leigh in exciting friendly action.

- Severus, July 2012

#1120 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,282 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

I've had another thought that'd make it even more 'authentic' - you have to play in your school shoes!

And get shouted in one by one by a mam type voice. The type that goes up a couple of octaves by the time it gets to the end
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users