Football

• Please log in to reply
1168 replies to this topic

#1161 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:12 PM

There's no guarantee that Michel Platini would be any straighter than Blatter.

Frank Riberi has retired from international football. However, Platini says he will suspend him for three games if he doesn't turn up for France's next fixture.

I think recourse to our dear friends the Human Rights lawyers might be in order. Shami and Cherie are no doubt  awaiting his call.

Is Ribery's court case for that underage prostitute business still ongoing? He could end up missing more than three games,

Shame about Platini. Great player turned hopeless administrator.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1162 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,167 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

Platini is a very grim administrator.  Very much in the Blatter mould.

But, in more positive French football news, I went to a match there.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#1163 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,956 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

Not sure if this has slipped under the radar a bit but it seems Hull City's Chairman Ass eem Allam isn't quite the generous benefactor to the Tigers he first appeared to be.

This story is in today's paper and in the comments section, there are a few suggesting the £100 million plus he's "given" to the football club is in fact a loan and he's charging appropriate interest.

Have these few people got it wrong or have the public of Hull been had with tales of the man's generosity?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#1164 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

Not sure if this has slipped under the radar a bit but it seems Hull City's Chairman Ass eem Allam isn't quite the generous benefactor to the Tigers he first appeared to be.

This story is in today's paper and in the comments section, there are a few suggesting the £100 million plus he's "given" to the football club is in fact a loan and he's charging appropriate interest.

Have these few people got it wrong or have the public of Hull been had with tales of the man's generosity?

The money Allam has put in is definitely in the form of a loan, mate. I remember reading somewhere that it's shown as such in the club's last set of accounts. I don't know the interest rate he's paying himself but you can guarantee it will be a little better than the local building society. I'm sure he could get an even better return if he invested it but that's not the point. He's not quite the generous philanthropist he likes to be portrayed as.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#1165 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:49 PM

Manchester United extend winning streak to 1.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1166 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,079 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

I saw a programme on ITV4 this morning, Big Game Revisited I think. It was Arsenal v Notts Forest with Brian Moore from January 14 1979 (my 13th birthday!) There was also an interview with Malcolm Alison who had just been made manager of Man City and was promising to bring back the good times to Maine Rd.

To say football is different world today would be an understatement. I used to love it then.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#1167 Titaniuum

Titaniuum
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

Manchester United extend winning streak to 1.

Manchester United extend losing streak to 1.

#1168 Titaniuum

Titaniuum
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:02 PM

I saw a programme on ITV4 this morning, Big Game Revisited I think. It was Arsenal v Notts Forest with Brian Moore from January 14 1979 (my 13th birthday!) There was also an interview with Malcolm Alison who had just been made manager of Man City and was promising to bring back the good times to Maine Rd.

To say football is different world today would be an understatement. I used to love it then.

I wish they had some clips from Granada's version of The Big Match. Gerald Sinstadt was a fine commentator. Eventually, we had to put up with the inferior product from YTV.

#1169 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

Football's community responds to Balotelli extracting some urine froman utd.

https://twitter.com/...694078484377600
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users