Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Football

• Please log in to reply
1172 replies to this topic

#81 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

The ballboy kid was acting the div, lying on the ball to prevent Chelsea getting on with the game. I know appearances can be deceptive, but he didn't look the sharpest tool in the box.

The Chelsea player (I think) intended to kick the ball from underneath the ballboy, but also caught him in the ribs. Apparently, the ref had no option but to send him off. However, there was no real malicious intent in the kick.

I would like Swansea to win the final, but would not be upset if City won.

One interesting point is that Swansea, who come under the jurisdiction of the Welsh FA, aren't supposed to allowed to represent the English League in European Competitions ... contingency one-off permission was granted to Cardiff when they reached the FA Cup Final a few years ago.

Watch Mark Lawn put in a protest if Swansea win.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#82 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,077 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Haven't seen the incident yet but it annoys me when you see ball boys not giving the ball back to the away side. Happens in RU as well where ball boys will dry the ball for the home team but not for the away team.
Fides invicta triumphat

#83 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

While Hazard (ironic) was an idiot for kicking the ball boy, said lad was behaving like a little sh"t. Two wrongs don't make a right but how often have people wanted to stop someone being a nuisance, if you haven't then you're either a Buddhist or a liar.

Hazard did it all the wrong way and was a complete tool in the heat of the moment.

For once, it is a relevant thing to hark back to "back in my day" for half of TRL because it did happen, if someone was acting like a div then they got a clip round the ear or a boot up the backside.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#84 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

This is serious. Its kicked the EU Referendum off the news headlines!

#85 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

This is serious. Its kicked the EU Referendum off the news headlines!

It hasn't that hard a kick. The EU doesn't speak to the common man, the over-paid b"stards in football and the kids of broken Britain do...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#86 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

He's 17! Crikey. Only 5 years younger than Hazard.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#87 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,077 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

He's 17! Crikey. Only 5 years younger than Hazard.

It was also his last game as ball boy and apparently he was bragging on twitter that he was going to do something (allegedly).
Fides invicta triumphat

#88 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,299 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

While Hazard (ironic) was an idiot for kicking the ball boy, said lad was behaving like a little sh"t. Two wrongs don't make a right but how often have people wanted to stop someone being a nuisance, if you haven't then you're either a Buddhist or a liar.

Hazard did it all the wrong way and was a complete tool in the heat of the moment.

For once, it is a relevant thing to hark back to "back in my day" for half of TRL because it did happen, if someone was acting like a div then they got a clip round the ear or a boot up the backside.

I think the issue isn't that he kicked the scrote but that he did a bit of stamping too.

I blame the influence of all the rugby union played on that ground.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#89 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I think the issue isn't that he kicked the scrote but that he did a bit of stamping too.

I blame the influence of all the rugby union played on that ground.

Call that a stamp? If the kid's Welsh he should have had a lot worse at the bottom of a ruck ... and no coat and tracksuit to protect him.

He got what he deserved ... a tapped reminder not to cheat. Then he curled up on the turf like a girl.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#90 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Call that a stamp? If the kid's Welsh he should have had a lot worse at the bottom of a ruck ... and no coat and tracksuit to protect him.

He got what he deserved ... a tapped reminder not to cheat. Then he curled up on the turf like a girl.

He should go a long way in the so called beautiful game. <_<
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#91 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Then he curled up on the turf like a girl.

Or, to put it another way, like a professional footballer...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#92 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I find it sort of strange that on here there is outcry when and if a RU club poaches a single player from league but can be singing the praises of a club who only came into existence as a result of a WHOLE club being poached by a rival code.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#93 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,299 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I find it sort of strange that on here there is outcry when and if a RU club poaches a single player from league but can be singing the praises of a club who only came into existence as a result of a WHOLE club being poached by a rival code.

You'll get a twenty page thread demanding to know why a rugby union journalist is using the word 'rugby' but you won't find anyone ever wondering why a soccer writer can use 'football'.

What's the F in RFL stand for?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#94 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

suggs (madness) on bbc news this morning," what do you think suggs"? well for me he didn't kick him hard enough. :D .
always liked suggs.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#95 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Well done hazard

#96 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

You'll get a twenty page thread demanding to know why a rugby union journalist is using the word 'rugby' but you won't find anyone ever wondering why a soccer writer can use 'football'.

What's the F in RFL stand for?

What exactly would be the point of that?

I know what you mean but it would be a pointless exercise and a waste of energy. Rugby is 2 variations of the same football code, so does need differentiating.

#97 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Come on, how long are we meant to go back? Besides, my main concern is the City of Bradford and the good this has done for this place is already incredible. Its not quite utopia but barriers are being broken simply from a good cup run....who knows we may even get the hole filled in one day.

#98 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Come on, how long are we meant to go back? Besides, my main concern is the City of Bradford and the good this has done for this place is already incredible. Its not quite utopia but barriers are being broken simply from a good cup run....who knows we may even get the hole filled in one day.

Sorry, I'm not really having a go at Bradford City and the people of Bradford, Christ knows, they could do with some good fortune ;). What I was trying to get at is that football (soccer) has done just as much, if not more, damage to our game over a long period of time yet no one is anywhere near as hostile to that game as they are to rugby union. I just really can't understand why.

#99 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Can't agree Griff. Soccer looked after itself and got on with developing their game. It wasn't their job to help RL but they didn't actively try to kill it. They never banned RL clubs from using their grounds nor ban players. Whereas RU did and more besides.

#100 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Sorry, I'm not really having a go at Bradford City and the people of Bradford, Christ knows, they could do with some good fortune ;). What I was trying to get at is that football (soccer) has done just as much, if not more, damage to our game over a long period of time yet no one is anywhere near as hostile to that game as they are to rugby union. I just really can't understand why.

Err, hang on. Not true. I despise soccer.

LUNEW.jpg