Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Football

• Please log in to reply
1165 replies to this topic

#141 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

PMJ is a Spurs fan,and they call themselves "yids".HTH.

Gentile supporters may call themselves that but the Jewish ones don't and most Jews find the word extremely offensive.

LUNEW.jpg

#142 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Gentile supporters may call themselves that but the Jewish ones don't and most Jews find the word extremely offensive.

I know quite a few Jewish Spurs and they call themselves it.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#143 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

And there is a campaign to stop it. IIRC you can be ejected and banned from WHL for using it.

LUNEW.jpg

#144 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

And there is a campaign to stop it. IIRC you can be ejected and banned from WHL for using it.

Yet it still happens,oh ,those pesky Spurs fans.

#145 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,892 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

they are entitled to, just as may black people refer to temselves as niggers: if yo are using such a term to refer to ouyrself then it can hardly abusive. Do you think there might be quite a few jewish fans who object to it?

What if a club had a large number of black fans? What would it be all right to call them?

the idea of rferring to a football club on the basis of the race of a group of its fans is sick.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#146 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,982 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Er...... Back to the subject. I reckon Bradford City actually have a chance against Swansea. From what I've seen of them they do better against better quality football sides rather than against the lower division bash and barge long ball merchants. That's my theory anyway.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#147 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Er...... Back to the subject. I reckon Bradford City actually have a chance against Swansea. From what I've seen of them they do better against better quality football sides rather than against the lower division bash and barge long ball merchants. That's my theory anyway.

Spot on.

#148 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

They have chance but not much of a one.

One of the good things about soccer is that a team can occasionally beat a significantly more talented one, which rarely happens in rugby.

#149 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,982 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

They have chance but not much of a one.

One of the good things about soccer is that a team can occasionally beat a significantly more talented one, which rarely happens in rugby.

I've seen 2 Bradford City home games this year. They have lost both but not by being the worse side. They play good passing football, can take men on and beat them but lack physical presence in the area or just general hustling for possession. They lost to Gillingham on Saturday by virtue of them being a lot bigger and clearing all their (good) crosses with ease. One lucky break and they scored.

Against a better class of opposition, their style may work better.

#150 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

So Bradford are in tumbling down League 2 because they are so much better than their opponents?!

:P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#151 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

Rotten from top to bottom.

What absolute twaddle
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#152 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

So Bradford are in tumbling down League 2 because they are so much better than their opponents?!

:P

Let's not over-analyse it, and enjoy the moment.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#153 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

What absolute twaddle

Yep beyond redemption, and unbearably boring to watch.

LUNEW.jpg

#154 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,837 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I enjoyed tonight's Real Madrid v Man Utd game. First football game watched this season. What made it even better was the post-game spirit and respect shown between the managers and players, much like a rugby game. If more games were played like this then I'd watch more!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#155 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,861 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

I enjoyed tonight's Real Madrid v Man Utd game. First football game watched this season. What made it even better was the post-game spirit and respect shown between the managers and players, much like a rugby game. If more games were played like this then I'd watch more!

Yep, loved it. European competition is great because the teams don't know each other as well as they do their domestic opponents. Ronaldo scored a brilliant goal yet acknowledged the travelling fans in his celebration. A bit more humility on the football pitch by domestic players would probably go a long way in improving attitudes all round.
Fides invicta triumphat

#156 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,982 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

I'll tell you what, I can't remember the last time Bradford City center was so full of people and...almost, almost mind, buzzing. And its all down to this cup final, never seen so many flag /t-shirt sellers, its like a Del Boy convention.
Hope they win the thing!!!

#157 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,134 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'll tell you what, I can't remember the last time Bradford City center was so full of people and...almost, almost mind, buzzing. And its all down to this cup final, never seen so many flag /t-shirt sellers, its like a Del Boy convention.
Hope they win the thing!!!

<weary>Rotten from top to bottom</weary>

There's an awful lot wrong with soccer but it is the world's community game. Now that the US has fallen it is everywhere.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#158 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,982 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

<weary>Rotten from top to bottom</weary>

There's an awful lot wrong with soccer but it is the world's community game. Now that the US has fallen it is everywhere.

There was nowhere near this much excitement when they made the PL. As a RL fan, I'm slightly jealous but regardless it's brilliant to see. The thing that is rreally good is the genuine racial mix of people getting involved, its quite a revolution really.

#159 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,134 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

There was nowhere near this much excitement when they made the PL. As a RL fan, I'm slightly jealous but regardless it's brilliant to see. The thing that is rreally good is the genuine racial mix of people getting involved, its quite a revolution really.

That's the thing that a Cup final can have as well I guess. Especially when it's so completely unexpected.

Good to hear about the racial mix as well.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#160 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

There was nowhere near this much excitement when they made the PL.

It's probably more to do with being a lot lower down the leagues now.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users