RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Match Report: Batley Bulldogs 28-18 Dewsbury Rams

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

http://www.batleybul...-go-to-the-dogs

:D

Apologies for the lack of Dewsbury numbers - their squad numbering seemed a bit confusing today. According to the team sheet Akadiere scored the first try for Dewsbury, but I believe it was Tebb wearing the wrong shirt!

#2 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Great report, Mark!

The Rams played in a set of 2012 shirts today, so the squad numbering that was announced recently was not in effect. Will find out why we didn't play in the 2013 kits tomorrow.

#3 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Cheers Tom. Even the numbering on the official teamsheet looked a bit ropey, so I gave up in the end! Luckily I know who most of the key Dewsbury players are, but it was a tough day at the office! ;)

#4 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Good report Mark,looking forward to more during the season.Thought we would struggle today with Moore missin but Hemingway appeared to do be a good job with his kicking.

#5 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Good report Mark,looking forward to more during the season.Thought we would struggle today with Moore missin but Hemingway appeared to do be a good job with his kicking.

He has always been a good kicker, Frank. Won a match against the Rams with a touchline conversion the last time he was with us. He maybe needs to up the other aspects of his game if he wants to nail down the shirt - I hope he does.

#6 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Cheers Tom. Even the numbering on the official teamsheet looked a bit ropey, so I gave up in the end! Luckily I know who most of the key Dewsbury players are, but it was a tough day at the office! ;)

Hya Mark, On the Mini programme BISSA did, the numbers of the players in the squad were the one published by Dewsbury. Its a pity Dewsbury couldn't stick to the published numbers as it makes us all look foolish. Whilst selling the progs numerous Dews fans asked if they were upto date, we said yes and then Dews play in old shirts. Shame really.
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#7 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, not sure what happened there, Colin. The numbers just didn't stack up so I just ignored them!

#8 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Colin, we played in a set of 2012 shirts because Batley wanted to play in their new home shirts and were worried there'd be a clash.

#9 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Colin, we played in a set of 2012 shirts because Batley wanted to play in their new home shirts and were worried there'd be a clash.

Yes I read your previous post Tom ,but are you saying the away kit may clash or do they not have an away kit??. Plus what is going to happen when we play Dews in our home league game---wear the 2012 shirts.??

#10 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Our second set of shirts for 2013 aren't ready yet. They will be by the time we play you in the league.

Personally, I don't think not having correct squad numbers for a friendly is a big deal, but if Batley had played in their away kit then both teams would have had correct squad numbers.

Just don't think it's fair you having a dig at Dewsbury, as we didn't have any other option under the circumstances

#11 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Our second set of shirts for 2013 aren't ready yet. They will be by the time we play you in the league.

Personally, I don't think not having correct squad numbers for a friendly is a big deal, but if Batley had played in their away kit then both teams would have had correct squad numbers.

Just don't think it's fair you having a dig at Dewsbury, as we didn't have any other option under the circumstances

Not having a dig Tom. Just disappointed, as you know, having rushed out a last minute programme, with your help, to find the back page was irrelevant and having told a lot of Dews speccies it was correct. But that's me and my conscience, but I'll gerrover it.
Happy New Year Tom,

Edited by colinb, 28 December 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#12 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Not having a dig Tom. Just disappointed, as you know, having rushed out a last minute programme, with your help, to find the back page was irrelevant and having told a lot of Dews speccies it was correct. But that's me and my conscience, but I'll gerrover it.
Happy New Year Tom,

Don't worry Colin - it gave us something extra to moan about - fair made my Boxing Day in fact.

B) B)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#13 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

but if Batley had played in their away kit then both teams would have had correct squad numbers.

the game was played ? the home team was? the away team was? just a thought. well done colin for the programme.

#14 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 664 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Happy New Year Tom,

No worries! Maybe I'm still in a bad mood after losing on Boxing Day ;)

Was very happy to help BISSA with the progamme, getting the product produced and on sale at such short notice is a credit to you guys.

I'd love to work alongside you guys ahead of the two league games next year. Let's get the fixtures as well supported as Boxing Day!

the game was played ? the home team was? the away team was? just a thought. well done colin for the programme.

Home team was Batley, away team was Dewsbury.

But, as Batley feared a colour clash, the only way both sets of squad numbers could have been used is if Batley had played in their away kit.

They chose to play in their home kit.

The only reason I posted was to explain why Dewsbury's squad numbers were incorrect.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Batley fans :)

#15 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Regards Strips-----No idea Doc, I ,like all of us, have only heard this from Tom.

I agree, Kevin has/would never say that, as he himself knows the value of bar funds to the home club. Good observation Doc..

Same to you and yours. ( Happy New Year )

ColinB.

Edited by colinb, 01 January 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#16 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Colin, who at Batley thought the home strips clashed? The colours are completely different. I would be careful regarding any future dealings. Has Kevin ever asked the Batley fans to leave Owl lane immediately after a game and deprive them of funds? All the best for the new year.

Sorry mr G, and I don't mean to be picky, but I don't think anybody associated with the Rams asked supporters to leave the love rugby stadium immediately after the match, nor did they suggest Rams supporters not use the dog's bar facilities. As far as I'm aware, the club merely stated that the royal suite would be open to welcome supporters to have a drink and meet the players after the match - just as it is for the home games. Did all the dogs fans call into the royal suite after last year's match ? Nah - some did, but most went elsewhere.

#17 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Sorry mr G, and I don't mean to be picky, but I don't think anybody associated with the Rams asked supporters to leave the love rugby stadium immediately after the match, nor did they suggest Rams supporters not use the dog's bar facilities. As far as I'm aware, the club merely stated that the royal suite would be open to welcome supporters to have a drink and meet the players after the match - just as it is for the home games. Did all the dogs fans call into the royal suite after last year's match ? Nah - some did, but most went elsewhere.

the rams fans not using the Dogs bar after the game deprived us of at least £7.00...but no worries

#18 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

the rams fans not using the Dogs bar after the game deprived us of at least £7.00...but no worries

There you go then - no damage done - you lot can get your own back next year and we'll be down by the same. ;)

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I saw these messages and assumed the two posters represented the Rams.

CommunityRams

Water Carrier

• Posted Image
  • Players
  • Posted Image
  • 37 posts
Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:39 PM
Following the eagerly awaited Heavy Woollen derby game against Batley Bulldogs at the Loverugbyleague.com Stadium on Boxing day.

We will be opening the Royal Suite here at Tetley's Stadium were all supporters, family and friends are invited and more than welcome to come along and enjoy a Christmas tipple with all the Dewsbury Rams players, coaches and staff. The Royal Suite will be open from 2pm on the day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dewsbury Rams
Community Rugby League Coaching

community@dewsburyrams.co.uk

Dewsbury Rams RLFC. Tetley's Stadium, Owl Lane, Dewsbury, WF12 7RH
Registered in England No. 2245573.
Tel: 01924 465489, Fax: 01924 437201, Web: www.dewsburyrams.co.uk
Posted Image
Posted Image
An
And following the game, supporters are invited to the Royal Suite at the Tetley's Stadium,
where they can enjoy a Christmas tipple with the Dewsbury Rams players, coaches and staff.

So where does it say immediately ?

#20 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

My, my, you are still just as Grumpy as ever in this New Year. Your whole response to the post I replied to Colin is un-nerving. To refresh your memory,

As you can see it is a question regarding the source of complaint regarding shirts This is followed by general advice not to have further dealings with these people and a question regarding Kevin. Finally felicitations for the New year.
No idea why you assumed I wrote that the official Rams statements said immediately. As far as I can see they say come after the game and the bar will be open at 2. If you left immediately after the game would you be able to get there for two or would you have to set off before the end? Hope to hear from you soon.
Best New Year wishes to you.

Batley fans to leave Owl lane immediately after a game

You didn't write that then - the implication, unless I'm missing something, is that MS suggested rams fans go back to the tetleys immediately, straight after or as soon as possible following the conclusion of the match. That smacks of paranoia. The statement simply reminded fans that the bar was open for business in the afternoon and that there would be an opportunity for them to mix with the players - like any other matchday in fact, and I'm sure Batley is the same. Two of my occasional drinking companions are dogs fans - they didn't stop behind in the bar on boxing day either, instead, choosing to walk down into town, to get blethered on the cheap. Maybe you'd better have a word with the manager of a well known town centre watering hole. I'm sure KN, like MS is well aware that business is business and that freedom of choice is what democracy is based on - if KN feels he has been in some way wronged, I'm sure he will get his own back next year. Happy new year and have a nice day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users