Sick of Faz, Edwards & Union

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,167 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Would you believe them if the said something that you agree with?

I think it's about the money. Nothing more nothing less. These guys are professionals. They do it for a living, and they do it for whoever will pay them the most money. Professional sportsmen have a different mind set to the rest of us. That's how they can change from club to club. I once joked with a former pro RL player, who, in his later years was playing the game as an amateur for a Lancashire side. I said he could come and play for our local amateur RL side in Yorkhire, he said he'd only played in Yorkshire when they paid him to, He spent most of his pro career playing (with some distinction) for a Yorkshire club.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#82 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Shaun Edwards on Hull:

http://www.guardian....m-vicarage-road
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#83 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,167 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Shaun Edwards on Hull:

http://www.guardian....m-vicarage-road

Well I've stood in the Threepenny Stand at the Boulevard and cheered for Fev. I got some verbals but no physical threats - more than can be said for New Craven Park. Obviously I've got more bottle than Shaun. ;)
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#84 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,935 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Well I've stood in the Threepenny Stand at the Boulevard and cheered for Fev. I got some verbals but no physical threats - more than can be said for New Craven Park. Obviously I've got more bottle than Shaun. ;)

What kid of idiot would give verbals to a pro rugby player watching in the stands? 99% of people couldn't do what these guys do. I always seem to get a bit star struck when talking to players, anyone else get this?
Fides invicta triumphat

#85 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

What kid of idiot would give verbals to a pro rugby player watching in the stands? 99% of people couldn't do what these guys do. I always seem to get a bit star struck when talking to players, anyone else get this?

All depends who the player is.One or two I know personally,but if I dont know them I tend not to walk up and talk about the sport,unless I'm in their company
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users