Rhinos media release

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Problem with wires is few of their players have come through their juniors...how many of those listed at WA born ?

why is that a problem? Plenty of our squad have come through the Warrington Wolves youth structures.

#22 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

why is that a problem? Plenty of our squad have come through the Warrington Wolves youth structures.

I agree the postcode is completely irrelevant. My friend was spotted by Bolton Wanderers as an 11 year old, brought into their academy system and is now playing a couple of years ahead of his age and is sure too get a first team appearance in the nesr future. But does he not count due too an LA14 postcode rather than a bolton one, I'd hardly think that's fair.

And my point regarding the british first choice 17s. Maybe mullered was a harsh word, but i was just trying to emphasise how strong Leeds are with there British players. Wire do look quite strong witgout their aussies to be fair.

#23 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

I agree the postcode is completely irrelevant. My friend was spotted by Bolton Wanderers as an 11 year old, brought into their academy system and is now playing a couple of years ahead of his age and is sure too get a first team appearance in the nesr future. But does he not count due too an LA14 postcode rather than a bolton one, I'd hardly think that's fair.

And my point regarding the british first choice 17s. Maybe mullered was a harsh word, but i was just trying to emphasise how strong Leeds are with there British players. Wire do look quite strong witgout their aussies to be fair.

a few years back youd have been right about the Wire British contingent but weve been working hard on this area for a short while now.

#24 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

a few years back youd have been right about the Wire British contingent but weve been working hard on this area for a short while now.

yes indeed since tony smith took over and took john bastion along with him to rejig the youth setup and that was one of tony smith best signings as bastion was one of the best youth coaches leeds have had in recent history .
by the way its not a dig at wire signing bastion more like praise for reconising talent

Edited by southstand loiner, 30 December 2012 - 12:21 PM.

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#25 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 781 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Bastian joined wire 8 months before smith

#26 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Bastian joined wire 8 months before smith

REALLY my mistake i was certain john went with smith . i must ask him next time he comes round

either way still one of there best signings

Edited by southstand loiner, 30 December 2012 - 08:49 PM.

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users