Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Paul Sculthorpe MBE

rfl MEDIA RELEASE

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Well done Paul Sculthorpe, congrats on a very deserved award.

And as usual, all news is bad news for a lot here, must be a NH thing to whinge and whine about everything, follow another sport ffs because I'm sick of reading all the posts whinging and whinning about everything to do with the game.

What in the world did RL ever do to make so many people feel down?

Nothing, that's what, it's just in your whinging whinning blood.

It's nearly 2013, get out of the dark ages at last please.

Maybe a forum isn't the best place for you if you want to avoid negativity and moaning, surely differing perspectives are the whole point of debate? RL is surrounded by negativity, because there is plenty to be negative about at times. However in the current circumstances, it appears perfectly valid to disagree with the whole concept of the honours system and what it stands for without it being a slight on RL or Scully. Better that than being a hypocrite in changing views that have been expressed in the past when RL was not the beneficiary of such honours.

Notwithstanding the above it is nice for RL to be recognised on a national stage and Sculthorpe in particular for his charity work as much as his contribution on the field. Its his personal decision whether he values the gong or not. I don't respect him any more or less whether he has three letters behind his name or not.

#22 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

No, this is a good story and it seems most want to be negative.

I think I was straight forward enough the first time mate.

#23 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Fully deserved honour for Paul. He was one of the few we have produced in the last 20 years who genuinely scared the Aussies. I think it was Darren Lockyer who came out with a similar quote recently.

Since his retirement he has continued to be a fantastic ambassador for the game and has devoted much time to his charity roles.

Well done Scully!

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#24 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

No, this is a good story and it seems most want to be negative.

I think I was straight forward enough the first time mate.

go back through the thread and count the negative posts v positive.
It isnt 'most' at all.

#25 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

There shouldn't have been one, that's the point.

I'm not here looking for an argument so look somewhere else please.

Edited by ParraEelsNRL, 31 December 2012 - 01:18 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rfl MEDIA RELEASE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users