Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season Tickets Updates

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Now that we are close to the start of the season,is there any chance of keeping us updated on the number of season tickets sold,and getting close to the 500 we need,so that Eric France will be kind enough to give the club that extra money.

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Iv to get mine yet, as have quite alot of the barmy army lot. Il be getting mine end of january..

Maybe Tom can give us a clue?

#3 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Iv to get mine yet, as have quite alot of the barmy army lot. Il be getting mine end of january..

Maybe Tom can give us a clue?

I have mine...
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#4 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

About 260 as of yesterday

#5 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hopefully the majority of fans will be buying theirs in our next two friendly games,seem to recall we hit last season's 500 target just before our first home game.

#6 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

283 as of 5.00pm Friday.

#7 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

283 as of 5.00pm Friday.

That's a way to go...fingers crossed that the Jan payday will result in a surge...

#8 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Most of lads i stand with aint got one yet and neither have i.. How many had we sold this time lastyear?

#9 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

That's a way to go...fingers crossed that the Jan payday will result in a surge...

Still 5 week to go before our first home league game.. I reckon home fans will buy afew more at the bulls game or fax game or even just before the fev home game.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 05 January 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#10 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

There could still the possibility of a knock on effect from the last three years. Fans have been subjected to a yearly drop in entertainment value, while the cost of living has gone through the roof. To ensure that the so far uncommited fans take a punt on a ticket, it is vital that the squad make a big impact in the remaining friendlies. If they go away with the impression that next year is going to be more of the same old same old, they aren't going to be rushing for season tickets. Make no mistake, the next few matches are more than just friendlies - they are an opportunity to win the hearts and minds of the fairweather supporters in our midst, and to give those of us who have already commited, a feelgood factor to take into the season.

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Youve got to also tale into consideration that some fans miss games through holidays, weekends away, family events, midweek tv games and work. Season tickets are only worthit if your going to go to over 3 quarters of rams home games. Anything less then its not really value for money. Last year we had 500 season ticket holders but average over 1100 in a struugling league season, poor position, but worst of all played some boring rugby.. On average atleest 800 of that average will be rams supporters so fans did still pay on the gate, those who chose not to get season tickets

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 05 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#12 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Youve got to also tale into consideration that some fans miss games through holidays, weekends away, family events, midweek tv games and work. Season tickets are only worthit if your going to go to over 3 quarters of rams home games. Anything less then its not really value for money. Last year we had 500 season ticket holders but average over 1100 in a struugling league season, poor position, but worst of all played some boring rugby.. On average atleest 800 of that average will be rams supporters so fans did still pay on the gate, those who chose not to get season tickets

As discussed already we have to remember that The season tickets for 2013 are more than a few bob dearer for basically one more game and for some reason the club decided not to include the bring a friend for free or bring a friend for a fiver tickets. Even less value and a big mistake in my opinion.

#13 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

The club may still do or could still do bring a friend for a fiver and friend for frees to afew select games.... maybe they just avent put them on the season ticket book and will announce them later, meaning fans this year may have to get the tickets in advance from the main office by filling in forms there? I also still believ like nick and others, we should still allow this as it was a success..

How many season tickets had we sold this time lastyear Tom?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 06 January 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#14 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

How that we have played our two home friendly games,how many season tickets have been sold ? Hopefully we will be getting near the 500 mark before the Featherstone game.

#15 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Getting mine on 31st, any update on sales?

#16 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

As previously pointed out, our season tickets are amongst the cheapest in the division. And obviously the cheaper they are the less money the club has for players. What exactly do people want...?

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 22 January 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#17 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

As previously pointed out, our season tickets are amongst the cheapest in the division. And obviously the cheaper they are the less money the club has for players. What exactly do people want...?

I didnt want a £35 rise for one more game. Dont think thats unreasonable, but since I have three to buy I might be biased. Even if ours are the cheapest around its still a hike from last time and if we dont make 500 and loose out on the money from Eric France we have shot ourselves in the foot. As mentioned before we got even less value because we also lost the bring a friend for free / a fiver. Yes, like others I want a succesful team, but if we sell fewer season tickets and also miss out on the Eric France money then we might well have less to spend on players. I am not an economist and am sure the club thought things through, but.......wait to be convinced

#18 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Then if the team under perform the same people will be the first to shout.

#19 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Then if the team under perform the same people will be the first to shout.

See my posting above. What I am saying is that by increasing the fee we might end up with less money. Its not about the team underperforming etc. How the team do is irrevelant to my own postings. If by increasing the cost and reducing the value of the season tickets we end up with less money then we would define that as mistake. It might not happen, but as I said yesterday we shall have to wait and see. If we sell 500 at the higher cost we will get an extra £17500 and the Eric France money on top of that. I would then declare myself the happiest bunny in the world. If not then the gamble failed. I am sure Tom will be the first to tell us when we reach the magic figure.

#20 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

With the lack of updates

i dont think were gonna get the 500

personally i think were well short.

times are hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users