Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Season Tickets Updates

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

See my posting above. What I am saying is that by increasing the fee we might end up with less money. Its not about the team underperforming etc. How the team do is irrevelant to my own postings. If by increasing the cost and reducing the value of the season tickets we end up with less money then we would define that as mistake. It might not happen, but as I said yesterday we shall have to wait and see. If we sell 500 at the higher cost we will get an extra £17500 and the Eric France money on top of that. I would then declare myself the happiest bunny in the world. If not then the gamble failed. I am sure Tom will be the first to tell us when we reach the magic figure.

Sure we won't be too far off the mark by the time the first home game comes around.On the subject on Tom,just like to say well done to him on getting the job of been involved on the media side of the World Cup.

#22 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Is Eric France offering £15,000 this year?

#23 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Why are you all debating a topic which is nailed on, whether or not we sell 500 tickets. Think about it. :D

#24 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I reckon all championship/1st div clubs will struggle with season tickets and attendances this year, and next year will likely get worse.

Screwing down the less affluent so that the wealthy can maintain their lifestyles is never going to benefit RL is it?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#25 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I reckon all championship/1st div clubs will struggle with season tickets and attendances this year, and next year will likely get worse.

Screwing down the less affluent so that the wealthy can maintain their lifestyles is never going to benefit RL is it?

Not if your club bang a 40% increase on the price of the ticket on the back of on extra game........

#26 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

yeah i agree even with the inclusion of some of the old guard teams and the experimental clubs

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#27 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

NickD - if you are so unhappy with the price of the season ticket, then no-one is making you buy one. The club have obviously made a decision to bring the cost of our season tickets into line with the cheapest season tickets in the rest of the same division. Eric France aside - and I can't remember them offering £15000 this season - whether the decision is right or wrong will only be clear at the start of the season when we know how many have been sold.

I am disappointed about the Bring a Friend for free, but I don't know how many tickets actually got used. I used it a couple of times for a friend but he didn't turn into a regular.

#28 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

NickD - if you are so unhappy with the price of the season ticket, then no-one is making you buy one. The club have obviously made a decision to bring the cost of our season tickets into line with the cheapest season tickets in the rest of the same division. Eric France aside - and I can't remember them offering £15000 this season - whether the decision is right or wrong will only be clear at the start of the season when we know how many have been sold.

I am disappointed about the Bring a Friend for free, but I don't know how many tickets actually got used. I used it a couple of times for a friend but he didn't turn into a regular.

I have bought three. I also co sponsor Austin, have 2 dreamer numbers and contribute every month to Squadbuilder. I live and breath this club, as do we all. I am banging on about the season tickets because I just cant understand the sudden hike, at a time when everyone is suffering finacially, and am just concerned that a mistake might have been made and was hoping, at least in the early stages, that the club might at least make some concession on things like bring a friend for free etc. We all know they read this forum, perhaps a few of us bleating about it might have made a difference... Anyhow, I get your point and promise this is my last posting on the matter. Once the rugby begins we will be able to concentrate on the real stuff.

#29 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

So it you who got Austin! I offered to sponsor Austin but told someone else had first refusal, so I ended up sponsoring Ryan Wright (no offence Ryan if you read this). I must be the only fan hoping we don't take Adam OBrien on loan/dual reg.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 24 January 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#30 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

So it you who got Austin! I offered to sponsor Austin but told someone else had first refusal, so I ended up sponsoring Ryan Wright (no offence Ryan if you read this). I must be the only fan hoping we don't take Adam OBrien on loan/dual reg.

No you're not wakey - I would like to think we would show faith in wright and (particularly) tebb - and I still think hooker could be spavens best position. Incidentally, i still thing tonksy would make a fine hooker in the cunningham mould.

#31 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

The club could still do bring a friend for free, its simple and i reckon we should for 2 selected games.... they announce which game in advance, only this year you must take your season ticket to the main office and fill in a form with your mates details to get the ticket.. That way, the club gets potential new fans address for our database to send letters to in the futre about season tickets...

I do believ we should still do the bring a friend for free

#32 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

The club could still do bring a friend for free, its simple and i reckon we should for 2 selected games.... they announce which game in advance, only this year you must take your season ticket to the main office and fill in a form with your mates details to get the ticket.. That way, the club gets potential new fans address for our database to send letters to in the futre about season tickets...

I do believ we should still do the bring a friend for free

I always bring my best friend for free. It's just that no-one else can see him.

:mellow:
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#33 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

First payday of the new year so Just got mine today.. think they said wed sold something like 380 something sofar... Still 120 of you still to buy from who got one last season so come on, i know times are hard for money nowadays but try dig deep if possible and try save yourself abit of cash if a season tickets worthwhile and your guna attend the majority of home games :)

Dewsbury fans have never been the quickest and if i remember last season we hit 500 the day of the first home game in the league so still another week to go before fev visit the tetleys to get them...

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 31 January 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#34 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Well said DTD people can also order them online from the webpage or give the club a call on the phone.

http://dewsbury.rlst.../season-tickets

01924 465489

Oh yes theres the email option too.

info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

Edited by RogerTRam, 31 January 2013 - 01:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users