TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Car Parking at the The Range

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Just a word of warning before the season starts.

I was speaking to someone last night who had received a parking fine through the post from a parking comany who monitor The Range car park.

They informed me that the car park is now being monitored by cameras from this parking company, so you won't see an attendant and it doesn't matter even if the store is closed they will simply send a ticket to the registered keeper of the vehicle.

I thought that it was worth posting before we all get tickets on the 6th.

#2 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Is there signs up to say no parking for non customers ?

Posted Image

#3 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

You don't have to pay this company, you get an invoice for a certain amount with a deadline on it, just ignore it. You then get another invoice for double the original amount, ignore that too and they give up because they have to take you to the small claims court which isn't worth it due to the expense.

#4 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I recieved a fine about 6 months ago for parking on a sunday when the store was closed, I just paid the fine

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#5 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

How much is the fine Neil.

Posted Image

#6 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

A friend of mine ( ;) ) had an invoice sent to his wife following a Sunday game as she was the registered owner of the car, they wanted £60 immediately or £75 if not paid within 28 days, I think this has now increased, it does look like an official police fine just to add to the pressure on you to pay. As she wasn't driving the car that day she couldn't be held responsible and therefore wasn't in breach of the suggested car parking contract, that contract was with the actual driver. The onus falls on 'Private Eye' to prove who was driving and not on the registered keeper to provide that information as no Traffic Laws were broken, this is a civil law issue.

My friend's wife completely ignored the first invoice (not fine) and a few weeks later received a second. this time containing photographs of the car entering and leaving the car park, it didn't show clearly who was driving. She ignored this letter and hasn't recived anymore since.

Legally they could take you to the small claims court but will have to prove to the judge who was driving on that day and exactly how they suffered financially as a result of this 'illegal' parking, if this happens to you and you do go to the court it is unheard of, as yet, for the judge to favour the parking company. If you are summoned and don't turn up it is likely they will win their claim

Now, having said all that it might be worth cheking when the new regulations come in to play, the laws are changing to stop the clampers but there is also a change which may mean the registered keeper will have to give the name of the driver at the time of the major offence of parking, the burden will still lie with the company to show how they have suffered finacially and by exactly how much as a result of you taking one of their parking spaces.

Take note, the same company now monitors Tesco and Homebase, as well as B&Q, the differance is they allow 3 hours of parking and not the 2 hours at the Range, the streets of Hindpool are going to be overflowing

#7 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

As several posters have pointed out what you get is an invoice for parking, NOT A FINE, and therefore it has no legal standing, several web sites tell you the whole nitty gritty about them including moneysavingexpert a top site for saving money administered by a guy called Martin Lewis who knows his onions so to speak, my sister in law got one from Focus after they went bust and had closed the shop down, thought she should park there as shop was empty, silly moo paid it! Regards T

#8 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Go into the range buy something for a few pence or even a pound keep the receipt they surely cant do anything then as you've been a customer

#9 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Leave your car at home and enjoy a few beers in the Raiders Bar after the game,simples!! :D
Posted Image

#10 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

I will probably drive up next week as the winter trains can be a bit hit and miss, frozen points etc.
I usually park on Duke St. Have the rules for parking there changed?
If I can't get a spot where can I legally park without risking a fine. I'm happy to pay.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#11 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

You get 3 hours on Tesco and Hollywood park

#12 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

The main pay and display car park behind the town hall is free on sundays also, and its less than 5mins walk from the ground

#13 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

All the car parks are free on Sundays + street parking has no restrictions on Sundays . . . .

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#14 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Leave your car at home and enjoy a few beers in the Raiders Bar after the game,simples!! :D

Best idea yet.

#15 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

I think it's disgusting that you are trying to promote excessive drinking with our great sport..lol

Happy New Year everyone..

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users