RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Who's going to fev?
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Not coming in bus loads then??
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

well over 2000 at the yorkshire cup final Sharlston Rovers usual gates at post office road lol
chappy

#4 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

No they're boycotting it cause of your prices

#5 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

i think its a tenner in

which seems fair to me

not sure how many are going, me ive got my mam to pick up from airport so cant make the trip

best wishes to all rl supporters for 2013
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#6 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

i think its a tenner in

which seems fair to me

not sure how many are going, me ive got my mam to pick up from airport so cant make the trip

best wishes to all rl supporters for 2013

It was tongue in cheek moonhead about all the crowing the fev lot did about our prices

#7 THE GREEK

THE GREEK
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Me, Brian ,nigel meeting in train station at 9.30.(witherspoons).Breakfast and a few beers to start the pre season.

#8 Penola

Penola
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Keep the score updated on here Mackey. Off to watch Leeds get beat again today!

#9 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Half time 32-0 absolutly woeful no positives so far
Posted Image

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Lost 42-6 grimmer with our try

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#11 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Thought some of our young uns went well. Enjoyed just seeing some rugby again.
Fair play to Hunslet, they were outclassed in the first afe but stuck at it and dug in agaonst what is strong opposition.
Roll on February

#12 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Well at least it was an improvement in the 2nd half going downhill but all in all pretty disapointing .A mistake from the opening kick off put us on the back foot with us trapped in our 25 for the opening few minites which set the stall out as Briggs showed what a class player he is opening us up at will.The defence was pretty non existant as Fev run in try after try.Even when we got penalties at least 2 of them failed to make more than 10 yards which is ridiculous and on this evidence scrum half will be a problem as Ansell didnt look the answer.The other trialists, the 2 props looked way off the pace but Windley showed promise.The positives are Grimmer came on in the 2nd half looked sharp, scored a try and would have had a 2nd but harshly called back for a forward and Lee Maples worked hard and nearly had a couple of interceptions.Im struggling to come up with anything else though.
Posted Image

#13 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Its early days yet Steve but the lads need to finish off the tackles couldnt believe the number of off-loads they allowed Featherstone and there forwards made us look pedestrian at times making good yards and setting a good platform for their backs. Second half aided by the slope we where better and kept them pinned in their own half for good spells.pleased with the lad when he came on but hes not quiet there fitness wise due to the long lay off but that will come, thought tommy went well and pricey.I met Darren for the first time in the club house what a nice bloke he is was hoping to see Blackpool too but had to leave early as danny was working after the game.
chappy

#14 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Shocking first half against probably the best team in the division. The difference in the size of the two sides was frightening.
We clearly still have a problem at scrum half but also a fair few of todays side will not be playing when the league starts.
Plus according to Barrie Eaton the game was nearly called off due to a bug laying low some of the Hunslet players.
Cannot see Featherstone finishing anywhere but top with the strength in depth that they have.

#15 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

6-7 1st team regulars werent available yesterday!
However, leigh have recruited really well and have pace all over the shop.
Fax have a good big pack (Harrison style). Both will dispute your hypothesis that fev will finish top.
Lets not forget those annual spoil sports Batley n sheff who will continue to irritate teams with aspirations and make bloody nuisances of themselves!
Top spot is far from conclusive from where im sat!

#16 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

think sidnee needs to rain it in a tad robin why go on the york knights forum slagging the hawks off hope the thoughts of the rovers getting in s/l hasnt made him a c c snob lol
chappy

#17 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 640 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Early days yet I would read to much into friendlies good luck for the season

#18 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

i think the main thing we learnt about this game was the 2 prop trialists were nowhere near 1st team standard, the scrum half may go better with a better pack in front of him and id give him another shot against the Warriors/old boys.
Posted Image

#19 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

anyone would think we lost by a 100+ yesterday

of the squad announced 3/4 were missing & we played 19 v 22.
added to which yates only did 10 mins, march had 25 mins, grimmer had about 30/35 mins.
we were 26 nil down after 20 mins from which plenty of teams would completely fold, yet came back into the game.
had 2 awful forward pass calls go against us in the second half, both of which had players in the clear and likely to have seen a couple more tries scored.
Fev's starting front 3 is likely to be the best front row we play against all year, we had 2 trialists & a new player (windley) up against them.

Edited by Mrbus, 02 January 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#20 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Happy New Year all.

I didn't go on Tuesday, but having seen the both lineups it can hardly be considered a "full" 1st team friendly. And nobody can expect to get anything at Featherstone when only one of numbers 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 have played first team rugby before.

And the players who started the match sitting on the bench tells me why we apparently played much better from around the 30 minute mark.

At the minute my gut feel is that the first 17 is probably stronger than we fielded in any game in the 2012 season, but three or four injuries and we'd pretty much be back in the same boat as last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users