• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 timhammonds

timhammonds
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

I am really looking forward to this seasons' Championship contest,
just over a month to go, first game is 31st Jan 13.

I believe that 14 teams will make a much better competition although this could throw up some unexpected results later in the season if squads are not enlarged and 2nd choice players make the first team to cover injuries in order to playout the extra 8 games.

The 14 teams are definitely the strongest 14 outside SL at the moment, the Sheffield,Fev, Fax, Leigh and Batley contest should be good whilst the newly promoted 4 teams and those who were promoted in the last couple of seasons will make a fierce contest of the battle to avoid relegation.

I predict Leigh to rest the League leaders shield from Fevs' grasp and Fev to beat Fax in the grand final;

What do you predict?

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Going from Keighley's friendly against Halifax, not too much.

#3 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Going from Keighley's friendly against Halifax, not too much.

Have to agree. Halifax were pretty ######.

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Fev Leigh fax.
Batley n Sheffield to makes nuisances of themselves again!
Fab comp is the championship. I wished we could seriously raise its profile and get more folk watching it.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Top 5 will be same as last year and the same order. And I tip haven for the drop.

#6 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,380 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

It's going to be an absolute belter of a comp. again.

Last year's strongest side was Fev who will be no weaker in 2013. Champions Sheffield will be equally as strong, but will find that teams raise their game against them. Fax look promising and it's time for KH to deliver. Leigh will be the big improvers in the top 4.

Then come Batley at the head of a group of mid-table sides where Dewsbury, Keighley and others will all hope to find themselves.

York, Hunslet and Swinton will all start with an advanatge over the four promoted sides in that they know what to expect. Barrow look the strongest of the new bunch.One of the promoted sides to run last, not sure which one.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#7 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Champ 1 - trips to Oxford, Cheltenham, hemel and er Neath! Much better for us southern toffs. What ho chaps!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

The wild card is what impact the link-up with SL clubs will have. I expect it not to be too great this next season but it may develop significantly in those to come.

It was claimed that the CC was much better than SL due to the possibility of more surprises, but in reality there were very few surprises come the end of last season, in terms of league position in any case. I reckon this next year will be pretty much the same with the usual suspects in the top 5 and the newly promoted clubs, Hunslet, York and Dewsbury scrabbling about below them.

I truly worry about the sustainability and short-term future of CC1.

Happy New Year!!
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

halifax will win the title and batley the NRC expect a good showing from leigh and workington as well.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#10 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,991 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

halifax will win the title and batley the NRC expect a good showing from leigh and workington as well.

What about Featherstone?

#11 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

We''ll finish 8th! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

We''ll finish 8th! :lol:

Nah robin if Viking warrior gets his way we will be relegated but we would still be better than his team😃😃😃

#13 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

fev champs, fax nrc, and swinton/haven to go down.

#14 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Fev to win the League. Sheffield will struggle to be in the top 2,as teams, especially Fev will be trying extra to beat the Champs. Leigh look very good with Penky and Aspinwall joining them. Lack of depth could cost them though. Halifax have a very strong pack that will be hard to break down. Some quality in the backs. The problem areas are consistancy, goal line defence and the 6,7 and 9. Fax need to be way more consistant to threaten Fev for the League. Batley will be up there but may struggle if Black and Moore are injured at 6 and 7. Dewsbury will be dark horses. Recruited well both with players and Coaches. Will be tough to beat at home as usual. The rest will depend much on their SL players. Its hard to tell how Hunslet will go for example as it depends who and how many Leeds players they get.

#15 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

I suspect that the promoted clubs to the Championship will be happy to consolidate and just build for the future.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#16 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

What about Featherstone?

second...........fax i feel will finish top.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#17 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Fixture list will also play a part eg two places you do not want to go to with mud over your ankles are Fev and Haven - Leighs first 2 away games and Haven is a Thursday night.
Come business end I expect a Fev, Leigh, Fax and 1 from Batley/Sheff to play the semi's
Leigh have a wealth of creativity at 6,7 & 9 in Penky, Beswick, Coyle, Nicholson, Ridyard and Brierley. We also have a few back row options so I expect a Gallen type 13 in Hopkins supporting Goulden and Aspinwall. Interesting to see how Duffy goes at prop with Parker, Ostick, Spencer, Thornley, Taylor. Only weakspot I can see is outside backs, but assume Aspinwall could cover if needed.

#18 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Where do Sheffield play most of their home games, Don Vally or Bramall Lane?

Doncaster did the double last year and have a link with Wakefield so they might be a surprise package. Dewsbury seem to have transformed themselves on and of the field and might also spring a surpise or two.

#19 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

The Championship will be the one to watch this year! I only wish my team were in it.

#20 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Be good when\if Gloucestershire get a website and announce ticket details etc. Looking forward to attending a few of their games but still have a worry about them doing a Northampton given so little noise about their plans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users