Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Championship 2013.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

The Championship will be the one to watch this year! I only wish my team were in it.

I have to say the Championship is getting better and better each year, Cant wait untill the new season starts, Can see a couple of upsets in the challenge cup next season also.

#22 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Be good when\if Gloucestershire get a website and announce ticket details etc. Looking forward to attending a few of their games but still have a worry about them doing a Northampton given so little noise about their plans

OGHHH DEAR .......sounds just about right for THE RUGBY FOOTBALL LEAGUE ..... I do hope you are wrong ....or else Oldham will only have about 6 homes games or so in the entire season :rolleyes:

Edited by Roughyedz, 31 December 2012 - 01:37 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

CC1 looks like it's between the Skolars and the Crusaders as things stand at the moment, and like BBR I'm concerned about Gloucester - I think that they'll start the season, but may not finish.

#24 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,720 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

CC1 looks like it's between the Skolars and the Crusaders as things stand at the moment, and like BBR I'm concerned about Gloucester - I think that they'll start the season, but may not finish.

Those 2, Oldham and Rochdale IMO with outside bets of Oxford. Scorpions will be weaker and I don't expect much of Hemel on the field despite them being very well run off it.

#25 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

I've heard a rumour about one of the new CC1 clubs not making the start line, and it isn't the one u mention.

That league looks very shaky and I do feel sorry for the old clubs like Oldham as at present it's a pretty ropey league and would think crowds will be dire.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#26 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Think expanding the CC will be good. The top 5 will be the same as last year, so no change there. As for the rest, it looks quite open, don't share the same optimism for my own team Dewsbury as we have lost most of our best players and recruited a lot of inexperienced ex SL Academy players. The relegation fight looks like it could include quite a few clubs this time round.

#27 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

for obvious reasons i want workington to have a good season and finish in the top six........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#28 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,720 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

I've heard a rumour about one of the new CC1 clubs not making the start line, and it isn't the one u mention.

That league looks very shaky and I do feel sorry for the old clubs like Oldham as at present it's a pretty ropey league and would think crowds will be dire.

That narrows it down to Hemel and Oxford.

#29 timhammonds

timhammonds
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Have any teams expanded their squad to take the considerably longer season into consideration does the
salary cap make allowances for the eight extra games?

#30 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

The season isnt that much longer due to no NRC group games for Championship clubs, and previous seasons had that many holes in them ....... Injuries and link ups will play a big part in the regular season though, Swinton fielding 3/4 Wire first teamers on the way back to fitness for a game is not how I feel a comp should be decided.

#31 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Whilst I think the top five will probably be the same I also think that after that it is wide open for the other 3 play-off places. Fev as always will be the team to beat for the Championship but Leigh and Halifax could push them hard this year. I think Sheffield will find it harder this year carrying the title of Champions but them and Batley should make up the top five.

The newly promoted clubs have all recruited well and with the added bonus of SL players as the unknown ingredient they could cause quite a few surprises during the season. I think at least one of the promoted teams will make the play-offs but realistically 12th or higher is the objective of nine clubs to avoid relegation.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#32 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

I think Sheffield will struggle to begin with as other teams raise their game, Featherstone suffered early doors.

Its harder to stay on top than it is to get on top.

Cummins Out.

#33 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,720 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

If it's not a new team could be Scorpions? Would be a shame if it's any club

#34 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Blue white army TOWN TOWN

#35 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

I think Sheffield will struggle to begin with as other teams raise their game, Featherstone suffered early doors.

That's OK, Matt. The season starts in September. ;)

The summer is just jockeying for position.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#36 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

the 30k for finishing top monkey isn't to be sniffed at tho!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#37 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

30k is a joke for finishing top, especially in such a competitive league. The league will be absolutely brilliant this year, there's only 5 games this year where I don't think we'll have a chance of winning away at Fev Fax Leigh, Sheffield and Batley, every other game we could win just as easily we could lose. That's 21 games in a season which will likely be competitive. Can't ask for more than that if you ask me.

#38 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Its harder to stay on top than it is to get on top.

To be fair, we usually struggle early in the season and get better as it goes along. Aston always plans to get the team peaking for the play-offs. It's certainly a plan that's worked in the last couple of years.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#39 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

With great effect I must add! Little fat 2@!! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#40 timhammonds

timhammonds
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

With so many claiming their club is relishing the new season, who seems favorites for the drop?
It's good to see Hunslet are scheduled to be on the telly at least once this season, why did we not get to see them on Premier sports in 2012?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users