Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Testimonial match.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

On behalf of Watto I'd like to thank everyone who attended todays game.
It has proved to be a sucess and well enjoyed by most people. The Welsh support was fantastic as was the support from all four junior clubs and congratulations to Langworthy on winning the round robin.
I thought the Lions had a very useful run out and was impressed with the debutants.
Again thanks to everyone for your support.

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Top turnout on a rank awful day alan..well done
Great atmosphere from the welsh fans
Thought Morrison put in a good shift
Ballard looked dangerous
Quite an enjoyable afternoon all round

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Anymore details ?

Ie : Score /attendence

Cheers
Riggy in the Sunshine B)

#4 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Lions 34 Wales 14......att 645.

#5 CINNABULL

CINNABULL
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

If anyone from the Testimonial Comittee or organisers read this, can you pls PM me your details,

cheers

stuart

#6 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Stuart I have just sent you a message.

#7 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Before I get into the details, il second all comments on the enjoyable atmosphere and a genuinely fun afternoon!

Looking at the game as a whole we played very professionally in the first half, but got very sloppy in the second. Some of the best tactical kicking (and chasing) iv ever seen us do. We looked by far the better outfit. I think this training at padgate has certainly paid off! The retained players looked much quicker, stronger and sharper than last season.

Looking at the new boys, Ballard looks an absolute class act. Full of confidence and knows what hes doing. Josh Barlow looks like hes going to be a bit of a handful for the opposition. Ritchie Hawkyard looked even better than last year!!! Credit to all the trialists who put in a good shift, although Im not sure some of them will hack it in our league just based on size! Thought Parkinson showed some potential and offered a different option at dummy half (reminded me of Phil Wood with his break). Birkett looked quite handy with the boot.

Overall I was impressed with how we played, however, I still think we need a few more numbers!
Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#8 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

I liked our 20, 19, and 13 today. I think all 3 of them played really well. Ballard looked one step ahead every time he touched the ball, and I think full back will be his position.

I thought it was a job well done.

However, I think we need more invention at 6 and 7. We lack flair.

We were solid and got the job done against a team who are after all one league below us.

I would say we are missing a match winner and in the league without that I feel we may struggle.

All in all we didnt really put a foot wrong, and everyone played well. I am on the right side of happy this evening.

Edited by Barnie, 29 December 2012 - 11:46 PM.

Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#9 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Match report

http://www.mission20...ales-crusaders/

Posted Image

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Still think there will be more new faces to come next month who will the squad even stronger.

#11 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Impressed with a few yesterday. Barlow at loose went well along with Hulme. Chas was good at 6 and I thought Sam Reay had a good one. Birkett looked the part on the wing and kicked really well. 10 out of 10 for effort from our number 20 and the lad from union (sorry name escapes me). How big were some of our forwards? Mills, Watkins and the lad with the scrum cap who came on. (Jack?)were huge but none ran their size for me!Penny leaving the field after 10 mins didn't bode well either. Still, early days yet eh!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#12 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I saw Penny after the game. he seemed to have his arm in a sling. didnt look good to be honest.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users