Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

January Photo Comp Shrek has chosen LIGHT as the topic

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Posted Image
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#22 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,496 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Posted Image

outside my front door
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#23 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,496 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Posted Image
Keeping it local

#24 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Love the second pic L'Ange. First one doesn't have enough foreground for me and the bit you do have seems a bit of a distraction - the second one is bang on and love the colours
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#25 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,496 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Love the second pic L'Ange. First one doesn't have enough foreground for me and the bit you do have seems a bit of a distraction - the second one is bang on and love the colours

I agree about the first pic. Thanks for the feedback

btw no photoshop nmot even a crop.
Keeping it local

#26 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

I agree about the first pic. Thanks for the feedback

btw no photoshop nmot even a crop.

You can do a little post editing on my camera (more if shooting in raw mode), but beyond that, I'm trying not to edit my photos other than cropping. When I've improved my technique a bit more in time, then I might look at trying to learn how to use editing software a bit more.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#27 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,496 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

You can do a little post editing on my camera (more if shooting in raw mode), but beyond that, I'm trying not to edit my photos other than cropping. When I've improved my technique a bit more in time, then I might look at trying to learn how to use editing software a bit more.

not sure what you are saying gazz

I was just pointing out that my pics were completely unedited.

There are rules for the comp

but the general photography thread is pretty much a free for all.

You have the gift my friend.
Keeping it local

#28 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

not sure what you are saying gazz

I was just pointing out that my pics were completely unedited.

There are rules for the comp

but the general photography thread is pretty much a free for all.

You have the gift my friend.

Cheers for the compliments.

It wasn't a comment on your photos Chris, they're great shots. I do agree with KT that the 2nd of the two is the best however.

My point was simply that I'm trying to teach myself to take better photos before I learn how to edit them afterwards, nothing to do with the rules of the different threads or commenting on how anyone else works. My next hope is to start working with filters; I've just got a set of soft edged ND grads to try out and I'm hoping to get a couple of others for my birthday next month. I'm hoping to get out at the weekend to try shooting a few local landmarks (I've a few thoughts in mind), but it might depend a little on the weather, as it's forecast to be dreary and grey with outbreaks of snow all weekend. Whilst I'm looking forward to trying to get a few more snowy landscapes, it would be nice to see a little blue sky to work with, rather than the monotone of plain light grey sky with white ground!

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#29 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,496 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Cheers for the compliments.

It wasn't a comment on your photos Chris, they're great shots. I do agree with KT that the 2nd of the two is the best however.

My point was simply that I'm trying to teach myself to take better photos before I learn how to edit them afterwards, nothing to do with the rules of the different threads or commenting on how anyone else works. My next hope is to start working with filters; I've just got a set of soft edged ND grads to try out and I'm hoping to get a couple of others for my birthday next month. I'm hoping to get out at the weekend to try shooting a few local landmarks (I've a few thoughts in mind), but it might depend a little on the weather, as it's forecast to be dreary and grey with outbreaks of snow all weekend. Whilst I'm looking forward to trying to get a few more snowy landscapes, it would be nice to see a little blue sky to work with, rather than the monotone of plain light grey sky with white ground!

enjoy
Keeping it local

#30 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Gary Coyle, 18 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#31 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Posted Image
T'local by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

#32 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,263 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Nice one from Mr Gazza there.

From a walk round the village this evening:

Posted Image
Milton's Cottage by Jon Smalldon, on Flickr
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#33 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Some great entries so far....

here's my effort during another snowfall

Posted Image
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#34 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

A different take on one I put in the general photography thread.
Posted Image
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#35 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image The Giralda, Seville
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#36 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Markt Niight Lights
Posted Image

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#37 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

love that :D

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#38 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,263 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Posted Image
Popcorn by Jon Smalldon, on Flickr
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#39 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Padge, where is your photo from?

Some stunners in this thread, congrats to all. Kenny's Humber Bridge and Gazza's Hare and Hounds my personal favourites though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#40 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Newquay boating lake.Posted Image

I once holidayed in a chalet on the edge of the lake. There was an amusing incident when a parked car at the side of the river got partially submerged by the incoming tide. I took a photo of a a guy in a canoe checking it out.