Problems in Norway

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Sad to hear that Warren Heilig has been forced out by local people (Union people) , similar to what happened in Germany. Warren has managed to get games on Norwegian TV, develop a National comp and have a strong national team using mainly Native Norwegians. Gutted for him and his wife Silje, who have put so much time and effort in to be treated like this. I fear Norway will go backwards now just like what happened in Germany who have no domestic comp and no real development. Union players just turning up at a national training day and getting a game on is not good enough. I hope Warren is asked to come back one day as he will be a massive miss for the development of the sport.

#2 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

How has Warren been forced out LRL? I know of the German situation where DK insisted on people with Teutonic names running the game thus assisting in the demise we see today. Has DK had a hand in the Norwegian game too? Is Helig not Norwegian enough?

rldfsignature.jpg

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Just spoken to someone involved in Norway

It is true he has resigned, but the allegations that he has been forced out are gravely exaggerated.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#4 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Whatever the circumstances of his departure, I doubt we'll see Warren Heilig on this forum continually trying to find bad news stories about European RL.

Edited by Evil Homer, 30 December 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#5 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

It is true he has resigned, but the allegations that he has been forced out are gravely exaggerated.

Warren put on facebook "...I just got home and they had effectively got rid of me so I just said "ok if you guys think you can do my job, you can do the lot..". 2 sides to each story. He was well fed up when I was talking to him.

Whatever the circumstances of his departure, I doubt we'll see Warren Heilig on this forum continually trying to find bad news stories about European RL.

Dont like what I put which are all truth with no lies, then Fxxx off. You can live in your dream world, but the fact remains there are a number of serious issues in the European RL at the moment. You can either choose to live in a fantasy world or accept that right there are a number of issues.

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Warren put on facebook "...I just got home and they had effectively got rid of me so I just said "ok if you guys think you can do my job, you can do the lot..". 2 sides to each story. He was well fed up when I was talking to him.

Got a couple more after that but had already left the office so couldn't post update

He did so on own accord, though he thinks some people within are trying to run things their way

nonetheless, its a shame

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Dont like what I put which are all truth with no lies, then Fxxx off. You can live in your dream world, but the fact remains there are a number of serious issues in the European RL at the moment. You can either choose to live in a fantasy world or accept that right there are a number of issues.

Of course there are issues, people are trying to start a new sport from scratch in a new country, it's never going to be plain sailing. Surely you can understand that founding a sport in a country does not give you some sort of right to power or ownership, of course you may become emotionally invested given the time and effort involved but that's just the nature of things. Nations will sink or swim on their own merits, ultimately it's better for people to let go than try and cling onto power and create a situation like David Niu in the USA. From the outside it seems like Warren has done a great job and he should be commended, but I don't think it's right to start shooting off and doom-mongering when you don't seem to fully know the facts or circumstances and clearly have a skewed outlook on things.

#8 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,741 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Agree with Homer on this one. Its not that unexpected for an enterprise like this (or any new country) to have issues.
But in the spirit of the season, lets not fall out about it. :)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#9 kimmi

kimmi
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Rugby League in Norway will be fine and look at having yet another good year in 2013. That is all I have to say for this post

#10 kimmi

kimmi
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Double post - sorry

Edited by kimmi, 01 January 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#11 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

but I don't think it's right to start shooting off and doom-mongering when you don't seem to fully know the facts or circumstances and clearly have a skewed outlook on things.

Neither do you , but you seem to believe everything is so so perfect. You dont know what happened in Germany for example, but then tell me I have no idea when I was involved in it.I have major concerns because I know how fragile things are. Danny K is the wrong person for the development of the game in Europe. You cant go into nations demanding they do things your way for example. But if you want to ignore that then fine.

#12 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Dont like what I put which are all truth with no lies, then Fxxx off.

There is no need for this on here, from anyone.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#13 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Neither do you , but you seem to believe everything is so so perfect. You dont know what happened in Germany for example, but then tell me I have no idea when I was involved in it.I have major concerns because I know how fragile things are. Danny K is the wrong person for the development of the game in Europe. You cant go into nations demanding they do things your way for example. But if you want to ignore that then fine.

When have I ever said anything is perfect, or that you didn't know what you were talking about regarding Germany? What I've said is that the way you have reacted by airing your dirty laundry in public and continuing to try to undermine and criticize the RLEF and the RFL shows that maybe you weren't the right person to take the sport forward in Germany. The founder does not have automatic right to power or ownership of the sport in a nation. If he is democratically removed from his position then so be it, you can't have the same person running the sport forever and the chances are that the founder will probably not be the best person for the job long-term.

What's happened here is that Warren Heilig has apparently left and you've tried to draw parallels with your own situation and made a totally one-sided, biased post. I'm not saying I do either, I'm not making a claim one way or another apart from the fact that you shouldn't shoot off without fully knowing the facts. And with this thread and the one you created regarding Alitalia's financial problems it seems as though you are actively looking for ways to criticize the sport in Europe.

Edited by Evil Homer, 01 January 2013 - 05:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users