Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

An Evening With Scott Quinnell

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Leagueforall

Leagueforall
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Thought this might interest some Wigan RL fans.
I am trying to bring Rugby League to Whitefield in Manchester and I have along with the Sedgley Junior Section based at Whitefield in Manchester I am holding a fundraising night "An Evening With Scott Quinnell" which will see him talk about his life as an ex Wales and British Lions Star but also to talk about his time in Rugby League at Wigan Warriors.It is very hard to book Scott these days with his Sky schedule but this night will be held on Friday May 3rd from 7.30pm and will include a comedian and a three course meal.
Individual places can be booked for £35 or a table of 10 for £350.
If you want to book or for further information please call Paul on 07896 327945 or email forsyth69@hotmail.com

#2 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Too far away for me but I wish you every success. If it,s Welsh it must be good. Can we have a report after the event please.

#3 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

That table for 10 is a bargain. :D

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#4 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Thought this might interest some Wigan RL fans.
I am trying to bring Rugby League to Whitefield in Manchester and I have along with the Sedgley Junior Section based at Whitefield in Manchester I am holding a fundraising night "An Evening With Scott Quinnell" which will see him talk about his life as an ex Wales and British Lions Star but also to talk about his time in Rugby League at Wigan Warriors.It is very hard to book Scott these days with his Sky schedule but this night will be held on Friday May 3rd from 7.30pm and will include a comedian and a three course meal.
Individual places can be booked for £35 or a table of 10 for £350.
If you want to book or for further information please call Paul on 07896 327945 or email forsyth69@hotmail.com

I thought there was already a rugby league team playing out of Whitefield the Bury Broncos who play at Philips High School.. hope you have a successful evening
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#5 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

I thought there was already a rugby league team playing out of Whitefield the Bury Broncos who play at Philips High School.. hope you have a successful evening

Indeed! We run our sides just down the road (about 300m away!)

We've re-tweeted the event to our twitter followers (we have more than Sedge by the way ;-) ) and I WAS planning on taking a table.

I regularly speak with the CEx at Sedgley but some others at Sedge have been far from welcoming of RL on their doorstep! Has left a pretty sour taste!

Must say, little bit concerned this is being promoted as a fundraiser to support RL when there's been no contact and given Sedgley's position on RL to date!
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#6 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

lovely!

a bit of web-searching finds that on RU web-forums this is pushed as an event to raise funds for Sedgley Park - which is also how it is stated on Sedge's own site - no mention of any effort to develop RL! http://www.rugbynetw...tm?104,13726369 .

Maybe tickets are proving hard to shift...
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users