Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Years Eve

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

What you up to tonight? I'm off to bed soon for a bit of sleep then its a big party at mine later but family only. I normally don't bother on nye but this year is different.

You?

#2 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Gathering of family at my daughters.Gone are the days of going on the lash into town,too much aggro.
Food is better,bar is easy to get to and conversation is far more inteligent,that is till about 10pm ;)

#3 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Most over rated night of the year. I will do what I do every year - watch Jools Holland's Hootenany and then go to bed.
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#4 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Working tomorrow so trying to get to sleep before the fireworks.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,335 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Laying wood flooring in hall.

#6 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Going to find a small pub somewhere and have a few quiet drinks. Went out in Headingley a couple of years ago, never again.

#7 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,572 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

making a nice meal for my wife.
at some juncture will call round at my neighbout Paul's gaff and play the blues for a bit and wish him a happy new year.

This whole thing does very little for me. I've had a superb Christmas with my family and friends. NYE is an anti climax and I'm fed up with supping.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#8 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Most over rated night of the year. I will do what I do every year - watch Jools Holland's Hootenany and then go to bed.

Agree. Thats what I usually do.
I got fed up of having to pre buy a ticket to get into a pub, so that the idiots who hardly ever go out can get p155ed in a pub they never frequent.

I will stay home (actually my GF Mums Home tonight) and let some fireworks off at midnight for my 4-year-old (if she is still awake)

Posted Image
Leilani @ Christmas 12 by Bleep1673, on Flickr

Happy New Year from Leilani Hesketh
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#9 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Blimey....I'm not that big on NYE myself but it sounds like a night out with the local Methodists would be a riot compared with you lot. ;)

:laugh:

#10 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

full of the ###### manflu but i will make an effort if it kills me :D

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#11 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Had some great parties over the years, but this year my wife is up early tomorrow for work. going to our Stu's for a meal and home by 10 o'clock.

#12 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Two young kids knock going out on the head, so night in, decent tea, bottle of champers then whittle through as much of the xmas booze left overs as possible before setting off a token lantern for the kids no doubt at some point, then decent film, London celebrations on BBC and then try and find something funny to watch in the early hours, start the year as we mean to go on! Not very rock and roll at all.

Edit - In an unexpected turn of events, my good lady would appear to be supping and enjoying afternoon tea at Cloud 23 whilst I'm baking "Hello Kitty" cakes with a 4 year old whose quality control demands are far in excess of my skills having never baked owt before!

Edited by shrek, 31 December 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#13 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,458 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'll be out, doing my bit for the Chancellor.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#14 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,564 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Have a few sups in front of the TV until the fireworks have brought in the New Year then it's off to bed.

#15 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,077 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Off to Prestwich golf club tonight, not my idea but at least I'll drink less than at home and we are walking tomorrow.
Fides invicta triumphat

#16 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,117 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'll be out, doing my bit for the Chancellor.

Where you off? Not round Idle I hope....

#17 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Going out for a meal with the family at an Italian in town, then will probably attend the pagan fire ritual at a neighbouring village. Then, when the evil spirits of the old year have been banished from all four corners of said village, will either go to party that someone will have invited us to by that time, or come home and watch telly programmes that we've missed.

Sleep.

Then, on Ne'er Day itself, we may go to the street party at Pitlochry. Traditional dancing, song, together with soup, bridies and whatever you can find to drink. Then may call on a few friends, wish them well, give and receive the traditional hugs and handshakes, before going home for traditional steak pie dinner.

2nd January - rest day.

3rd - back to work.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#18 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

i've worked nigghts and had a couple of beers after. Quick kip (hopefully) Then Takeaway (hopefully) than me cook a meal, wife will be in bed early as a bad time of year specifically for her, then I'll probably follow an hours after, after catching up on the top gear xmas specials that have been on Dave.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#19 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,458 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Wibsey, same as most years

... and every week.

:)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#20 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,572 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

if your out in Idle have one in the Great Northern for me. It was a top gaff back in the day
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local