52 replies to this topic

#41 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,085 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Get up, you lazy sod.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Been up ages man. Washed up, empties in recycling ...the lot. And still have a fridge full of beer somehow!

Happy New Year to everyone.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#42 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Got back from the boozer in time to join the midnight gathering around the fountain at the bottom of the street. This involved fireworks, a giant conga, the obligatory poor rendition of Auld Lang Syne and lots of drinking in the street.

The tradition of First Footing that was prevalent when I was young seems to be dying out.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#43 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

The tradition of First Footing that was prevalent when I was young seems to be dying out.

Nobody has coal

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#44 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Nobody has coal

And I drank all the whisky.

And you ate all the (mince) pies. ;) :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year to you both. See you in 2013, I hope.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#45 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

And a happy one to you and yours, hopefully catch up at the Salford game at Barton this year.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#46 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Happy New Year to you too Tony.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#47 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Nobody has coal

I blame Thatcher.

#48 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,583 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Can't ignore New Year when staying at mum's - she's a stone's throw from the parish church, who have a team of very enthusiastic bellringers. Stayed up 'til midnight, then opened a bottle of champagne. The next day, a magnificent lunch at the Fox and Hounds Inn. BIG portions too, even from the 'Light Lunch' menu.

Then on the train, back down to London.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#49 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Happy New Year all.

It was a night of fondue and Duvel at a house party full of foreigners, strolled in wet but manageably tipsy at around 5am.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#50 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,234 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

... on the train, back down to London.

Already we have a contender for the 2013 Most Depressing Phrase of the Year.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#51 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Missed out on NYE/D as I managed to give myself a really bad dose of food poisoning, managed to get to sleep about 5 am Jan 1, then little bleep ( how appropriate) burst in and woke me up at 8.30, at which point I rolled over and just missed vomiting on her.
Including my pre-Xmas spell in Tressel Ward for my breathing, this is the dryest Christmas & New Year since (about) 1984
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#52 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Missed out on NYE/D as I managed to give myself a really bad dose of food poisoning, managed to get to sleep about 5 am Jan 1, then little bleep ( how appropriate) burst in and woke me up at 8.30, at which point I rolled over and just missed vomiting on her.
Including my pre-Xmas spell in Tressel Ward for my breathing, this is the dryest Christmas & New Year since (about) 1984

Little Bleep :lol: I like that name!

The best-laid schemes o' mice an' me ganged a wee bit agley. Everything went okay until the bells, when I started to feel unwell. Made it to bed but felt dreadful - very nauseous, headachy and extremely tense. I get the feeling that my stomach wanted to boak, but that the vomit muscles were too tight to drive the action. Felt bad all through 1st January, and today hasn't that much better. Hopefully it'll be quiet at work tomorrow, but I'm on a walking duty. Can't even drive around in a nice, warm van.

And it wasn't even down to drink! All I had was a pint of lager, plus a small bottle of cider that my daughter didn't want.

One of the reasons I cut down on my drinking was that I was sick of hangovers. Going on how I've felt these past couple of days, I could have enjoyed a skinful on Hogmanay.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#53 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,583 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Already we have a contender for the 2013 Most Depressing Phrase of the Year.

The journey went right on schedule, right up 'til we entered London, where the train ground to a halt, then crawled forward a bit, then backward, then eventually arrived half an hour late.

It's like the capital was telling me "the holiday's over, pal." :rolleyes:

Edited by Futtocks, 03 January 2013 - 10:04 AM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users