RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

OT Ian Clayton's new book

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Bringing it all back home...
Anyone read it yet? I'm off to get a copy this weekend. Think I'll buy one of those 'book' things they used to have in the olden days!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Bringing it all back home...
Anyone read it yet? I'm off to get a copy this weekend. Think I'll buy one of those 'book' things they used to have in the olden days!!

I've had this book a few years now, I went up to Ian's house to purchase it, and he even kindly signed both copies for me ( one was for my mum) as we all lived in Mafeking street many years ago in the good old days before kindles and iPads. It's a good read Robin, enjoy!!
Im Fev and im proud

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

He presented our team with a nursing award won (mainly thru the efforts of my colleague jo) a couple of years ago. We were talking for ages. Always enjoyed talking to the man. His 'when push comes to shove' collections were marvellous
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 ChrisRover

ChrisRover
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Great book, bought it a few years ago. Has some great stories to tell!

#5 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

It was released while I was attending his writing classes about 5/6 years ago. I went to his book launch at Waterstones in Leeds and got a signed copy.
I wish we could entice Ian back to watching the Rovers. He fell out of love with the game itself, not the club.
I've not seen Ian for a couple of years, do any of his close friends know what he's doing work wise. Any new projects or books on the horizon?

#6 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Ian writes a column in the express every week, great read it is too,

#7 ChrisRover

ChrisRover
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

It was released while I was attending his writing classes about 5/6 years ago. I went to his book launch at Waterstones in Leeds and got a signed copy.
I wish we could entice Ian back to watching the Rovers. He fell out of love with the game itself, not the club.
I've not seen Ian for a couple of years, do any of his close friends know what he's doing work wise. Any new projects or books on the horizon?

I went to one if his talks a few years a go in Swillington and had a little chat with him out side. I mentioned If he had been to watch rovers recently and he said he keeps meaning to go but doesn't get the time, would love to see him there.

Think he had just signed a book deal with penguin around that time too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users