Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

News on Salford

strictly red topic

• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic

#241 L Bow

L Bow
  • Coach
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

They did win a few trophies early in the Wilco era.

Can't recall any major trophy wins. There has been one or two lower tier trophy wins but none up amongst the big boys and that's the only currency which counts with the wider public.

#242 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Some of you might enjoy reading the Sale Sharks messageboard on rugbynetwork - I believe it's called open rebellion! I'm just helping to stir a little.

There are reports of supporters cars being coined on there.
Is it that bad or best to park at Eccles ARLFC. (i assume that's where they mean, some call it RFC) ?

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#243 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I've not heard of any problems when Salford play, parking at Eccles is easier and cheaper, the big advantage is money stays in RL. Sale are well known for moaning.I am quite excited about what could be achieved under new management.

#244 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Is it that bad or best to park at Eccles ARLFC. (i assume that's where they mean, some call it RFC) ?

Brookhouse Ave. stay well clear theres Nimby issues with the locals over the Stadium
£5 to park at the Stadium and wait a bit or Barton Aerodrome, £2.50 - £3.00 to park at Eccles RU or Eccles ARLFC on Moat lane , or park for free on the Brookhouse Estate then pay 150-200 quid to repair your car.
Sale fans TBH have stated cars were damaged at Edgeley Park too ,

#245 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Brookhouse? no wonder then, park where you should and it will be fine.

#246 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

There's a rugby union club on the same street which also operate matchday parking.

#247 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

There's a rugby union club on the same street which also operate matchday parking.

Thank you. I know where my money's going on August 9th. ;)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

#248 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Rumours abounding that Hazel Blears is sticking her oar in - trust that its only rumour!

#249 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Rumours abounding that Hazel Blears is sticking her oar in - trust that its only rumour!

Does she want to claim tax back for parking at the stadium?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#250 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Don't believe everything you read on the Turkey!

#251 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

For all her faults, and lets face Blears has many...

She has always been very supportive of Salford RLFC. When Forever Reds Trust was first formed back in 2002 she joined and she also paid £100 as a member of 1,000 club. I don't know if she claimed it back but I do find it hard to believe she would try to block it.

Is this even part of her area, I thought it was Barbara Keeley?

#252 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Don't believe everything you read on the Turkey!

Agree Pottsy but that wasnt in the Turkey.

The Doctor has 6 runners at Wolves today - 3 look to have chances so guess he will be in the Midlands if anyone wished to talk to him.

#253 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

It would be wonderful if they did get over the line, without having gone bust like virtually every other club would have done in their circumstances. By my reckoning that would only leave Cas without access to deep pockets. We could increase the cap, keep our best players, sign marquee players again...

Bradford certainly don't have access to deep pockets.

Fortunately, Mr Khan doesn't have holes in the bottom of them like the previous regimes, but there certainly isn't a supply of ready cash to subsidise any losses.
People called Romans they go the house

#254 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

For all her faults, and lets face Blears has many...

She has always been very supportive of Salford RLFC. When Forever Reds Trust was first formed back in 2002 she joined and she also paid £100 as a member of 1,000 club. I don't know if she claimed it back but I do find it hard to believe she would try to block it.

Is this even part of her area, I thought it was Barbara Keeley?

did she claim it on her mp expenses? can't stand the woman but if she is getting behind salford then fair play to her, derek twig was instrumental in the widnes buy out by getting the necessary backing............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#255 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

I have no idea whether she claimed it back, it was a tongue in cheek comment.

She is very friendly with John Wilkinson and for health reasons he needs to get out. he has really aged in the last few months.

I'm not sure what she could do to block it.

Do RL have the smae fitness test as football? I have no reason to suspect Mr Koukash is anything but fit for purpose. Racing would soon chase him off.

#256 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I have no idea whether she claimed it back, it was a tongue in cheek comment.

She is very friendly with John Wilkinson and for health reasons he needs to get out. he has really aged in the last few months.

I'm not sure what she could do to block it.

Do RL have the smae fitness test as football? I have no reason to suspect Mr Koukash is anything but fit for purpose. Racing would soon chase him off.

RL does have a regulation regarding being a fit and proper person to own/be a director of a club.

How its measured I don't know.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#257 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Rumour is he now wants to buy the stadium as well as the club, that would be funny and really upset Sale.

#258 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Rumour is he now wants to buy the stadium as well as the club, that would be funny and really upset Sale.

That was reported in LE this morning.

#259 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Just wish it was a done deal, the season is only matter of weeks away and we have a very thin squad, the club is operating under some very restrictive constraints at present.

I did hope it was done before Thursday.

#260 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Would that be because the numbers simply don't add up for Salford as tenants at Barton and the only way to make the Reds work financially (ie maximising multiple off field revenue streams) is for them to actually own the place?

It is interesting though. I presume the local council has sunk multiple millions into the stadium, and I guess in these straightened public finance times that the council could be a willing seller to get some much needed cash into the town hall coffers. Peel on the other hand don't seem strapped for cash so why would they consider selling?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users