strictly red topic

• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic

#461 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

This is just about the best news I've heard in years. I'm really pleased. Thanks for all the kind wishes on the forum.

Going to be at Barton tomorrow. Set off at 3pm, pick Mick up at 5pm and return soon after the game. Looking forward to it and don't give a damn about the result.

(Wigan have no chance! :P :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#462 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Well what a day, just listened to the RL hour, Offering the chance for a fan to have a seat on the board is quite simply amazing. Lets get Claire to interview every time he races. RL really can learn by seeing the game through is eyes. Lets hope he brings all his racing followers to the game. Think I'm still in shock still expecting for it all to be a dream.

#463 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

http://www.reds.co.u...ference-in-full

Edited by Cherry and White, 31 January 2013 - 08:25 PM.

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#464 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Well what a day, just listened to the RL hour, Offering the chance for a fan to have a seat on the board is quite simply amazing.

And yet, that really should be standard practice. The fans are major stakeholders in the club and the sport as a whole. I'm glad he is doing that. By breaking that ground he may put pressure on other clubs to do the same thing.

#465 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'm so pleased for Salford. I didn't like the thought of them going under after all the mismanagement and chaos and rollercoaster ride for the fans. What a coup for Salford it is that Koukash is taking over. I really hope things go well for him and for the club.

#466 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Can I add my best wishes to Salford, always had a feeling it would come good for them in the end, but this is probably above expectations.

The good Doctor talks a lot of sense and seems to know the realities of where Salford are and what commitment is needed to move them on to where can be.

Good luck in tomorrow nights game, hope it gives Salford something of a solid foundation to build on for the season.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#467 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Think it says much about our sport when Dr KouKash remarked on the number of texts and emails he had received from supporters from other clubs wishing him well.

He did describe the family nature of the sport.

We have much to admire in the game but tend to look to the bleakness.

Thanks to all on here for the best wishes, the hard work starts now.

#468 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,398 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Think it says much about our sport when Dr KouKash remarked on the number of texts and emails he had received from supporters from other clubs wishing him well.

He did describe the family nature of the sport.

We have much to admire in the game but tend to look to the bleakness.

Thanks to all on here for the best wishes, the hard work starts now.

I hope the fans get behind the club now RW - hopefully you can now start to enjoy your new home properly and get caught up in the excitement and positive outlook that these moves normally bring with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users