286 replies to this topic

#61 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Define truly loving RL?

No I'm upset
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#62 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

:( sigh :( Grow up! You lot will only be happy when the entire game goes #### up. On second thoughts, keep going as you are as you are as an example to generations to come of what it is like to suck lemons morning noon and night. Thank god you are not representative of the many fans of this great game and thank god no one takes you seriously.

Is there any chance of playing your 'so what' game on this thread.

Go on I'll start you off

“ 2013 will be Rugby League’s most Important Year since Super League began, “ says RFL Chief Executive Nigel Wood, as he looks ahead to Rugby League World Cup Year. So what

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#63 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

What I do find strange is that a small group of people who are so against SL, International RL and basically the RFL spend so much time on a "RUGBY LEAGUE" message board..

Maybe because there's a large part of RL outside of those.areas.

But then again as a fan of a SL club you'll be pretty oblivious of the fact that there is a game outside of that.

#64 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Pick the bones out of that one!
Pick the bones out of that one instead of posting silly childish faces.

Still waiting Terry, unless him quoting out of a bible is the best he can do.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#65 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I'll be honest, I completely and utterly do not understand why people who feel so badly about RL the waste their time and energy over it. Seriously, leave the game.

Oh what's that?....its your game and you had it first? :rolleyes:

Boring boring boring. Please leave RL to die if that's what to be, just go away...whatever...do one.

John, I love the game itself but not how it is run.

If we get into SL by franchising then I will carry on watching my team because I will do at any level. However I will still continue to moan about the way it is run because the RFL need to realise that there is more to the game than SL.

Sorry if you don't like it but this is my opinion and I have the right to carry on venting my frustrations.

#66 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Some of these comments, in regard to the World Cup on here are incredible,it's no wonder League struggles at times.

'
I couldn't agree more. Rugby League fans need to support our world cup this year not knock it. Rugby League fans need to support the magic weekend not knock it. Rugby League needs its fans to support their teams home , AND AWAY.

#67 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,898 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Ian, Robin etc etc....Can't be arsed to try to save an endangered species any more to be honest. In the overall scheme of things, its irrelevant. but you will surely acknowledge that by turning your backs on Internationals and SuperLeague, you are missing out on so much. Indeed, the very success of Featherstone Rovers depends on the good health of the game at all levels, so why cut yourselves off from it, especially as Rovers benefits from it so much.

Still, its now 2013 and I wish the club and its other fans every success in its quest to contribute even more to this great game.

Edited by JohnM, 01 January 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#68 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,741 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

John, I love the game itself but not how it is run.

If we get into SL by franchising then I will carry on watching my team because I will do at any level. However I will still continue to moan about the way it is run because the RFL need to realise that there is more to the game than SL.

Sorry if you don't like it but this is my opinion and I have the right to carry on venting my frustrations.

Ian, its not about having different opinions, not for a second. Its about not liking almost everything about the game to a degree that to me suggests you should (not you personally) stop following the game.
To me, it doesn't make sense.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#69 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

RL is too small to be divided, yet that has been our strategy since 2007. I don't expect my team to ever be a top 8 club with any consistency, unless of course we attract a sheikh who got lost on his way to Old Trafford, but what I cannot accept is the killing of the dream - and for me that dream is why sport exists.
As a consequence I believe the passion has been removed from the sport, and that passion was a common ground that we could unite behind.
We have a chance to unite and if we seize it this will be a fantastic year for RL - with the right leader.

#70 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Support our great game at levels, and lets really get behind our world cup this year.

#71 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Ian, its not about having different opinions, not for a second. Its about not liking almost everything about the game to a degree that to me suggests you should (not you personally) stop following the game.

Are you saying that to be a rugby league fan you have to like everything about how the game is run? Even the Northampton Rebels and Crusaders debacles and the scrapping of development staff outside the heartlands?

#72 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,741 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Are you saying that to be a rugby league fan you have to like everything about how the game is run? Even the Northampton Rebels and Crusaders debacles and the scrapping of development staff outside the heartlands?

Don't be ridiculous. Many of the criticisms are justified: there are problems within the game.

But that's not the same as saying you hate this and that or hope for a terrible WC, just so you can feel some sort of 'told you so' buzz.

#73 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Maybe because there's a large part of RL outside of those.areas.

But then again as a fan of a SL club you'll be pretty oblivious of the fact that there is a game outside of that.

you couldn't be more wrong
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#74 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

as a fan of a SL club you'll be pretty oblivious of the fact that there is a game outside of that.

Mr L T Sidestep,

I support the current World Club Champions and the club who have won 5 of the last 6 Superleague Grand Finals. Please could you, in your wisdom, describe my attitude to Rugby League at all levels.

Thanks, Wiltshire Rhino

#75 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

As is said time and time again the problem with Rugby League is the whinging 'Heartlanders'. #sigh# I'd say that was actually far worse than the mismanagement of Championship and SL Clubs.

Don't be ridiculous. Many of the criticisms are justified: there are problems within the game.

But that's not the same as saying you hate this and that or hope for a terrible WC, just so you can feel some sort of 'told you so' buzz.

Well said. I really don't understand why 'Heartlanders' don't support the International game. They're like the Aussie Admin's hostility towards Internationals. Successful Internationals are absolutely vital for Rugby League. I've never heard of a [Association] Football fan saying "I don't support England because I support a team in the Blue Square Premier". I just don't get it. :huh:

Edited by HappyDave, 01 January 2013 - 02:05 PM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#76 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,741 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Precisely. At England football matches you're probably more likely to see lower division/non league banners than a PL one. And look at the gap between them.

#77 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Good thread this. Happy New Year.
Posted Image

#78 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I can't speak for other people but I still love the game. If I didn't then I would not spend my time coaching a junior team or watching Fev Rovers, however the way the game is run at the moment does not make me feel like supporting it at the highest level.

#79 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Ian, Robin etc etc....Can't be arsed to try to save an endangered species any more to be honest. In the overall scheme of things, its irrelevant. but you will surely acknowledge that by turning your backs on Internationals and SuperLeague, you are missing out on so much. Indeed, the very success of Featherstone Rovers depends on the good health of the game at all levels, so why cut yourselves off from it, especially as Rovers benefits from it so much.

Still, its now 2013 and I wish the club and its other fans every success in its quest to contribute even more to this great game.

Thanks but I don't need saving from someone as arragant as you, so you do right in saving your time.

If the international game and SL really takes off do you honestly think that this would benefit Championship clubs? It would be even more reason for Mr Woods and his gang to press on with the so called elite league and leave Championship clubs to rot.

#80 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I've never heard of a [Association] Football fan saying "I don't support England because I support a team in the Blue Square Premier". I just don't get it. :huh:

A blue square club can go through the Leagues and play in the elite league. A Championship club can't.

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott, 01 January 2013 - 03:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users