Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Buchanan and Spaven take captaincy roles

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ramstieidie

ramstieidie
  • Coach
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

What does everyone think of Austin and Scott being given the duties? (source: League Express)

#2 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Is this official or just your opinion?

#3 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

as in todays League Express .

#4 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Dithering.

#5 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Still not convinced about spaven as a player and austin might not be back for half the season depending on how his reconstruction goes - should have been spicer I reckon.

#6 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Think it is all good with those two as captains, spaven has experience as a captain, with him being captain for 3 years at hull kr's academy.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Its a normal thing to do with Australia clubs to have a club captain,a face for behind the scenes with sponsors,then having a playing captain on the pitch,i'm surprised we have gone down that road,but its a new start for the mighty rams,so it could work.

Edited by andyram, 04 January 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#8 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Think Spicer should have been the captain

#9 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Think Spicer should have been the captain

Rob is a class player, but I've never seen say a word on the field. I firmly believe that we need an Adam Hayes type of captain, but suspect we haven't got one. Spaven certainly doesn't fit into this category. Austin is the closest we have had in the last few years. Not sure of the new boys, but of course most of them lack experience.

#10 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Official club e-release: Buchanan and Spaven take captaincy roles

Like the news on Facebook

Retweet it on Twitter

#11 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Its a normal thing to do with Australia clubs to have a club captain,a face for behind the scenes with sponsors,then having a playing captain on the pitch,i'm surprised we have gone day that road,but its a new start for the mighty rams,so it could work.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#12 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'm pretty sure we have Had a club captain and team captain in the past!

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users