Dewsbury Rams 23 Halifax 10 - discuss the match here

dewsbury vs halifax

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

i only noticed worrincy and murell missing from name players . fax were never at the races and were lucky to not lose by more having crossed in the last minute .There looks to be plenty of scope for improvement in this rams squad

#42 S.T.R

S.T.R
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

How full strength was this Fax side.

fieldhouse,sheriffe,tyrer,heaton,patterson,handforth,thackerey,ambler,ashall,davies,manning,divorty,robinson
subs, ashall, bracek,barlow,casey,wood,walker,holden
not many missing from their full side
When I want your opinion, I will remove the gaffer tape

#43 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Damn this smart phone!!

FF lets see how much u look forward to this wen fax give u a hammering. Even i shall be there to enjoy your drubbing

Well....

Thanks for helping support Dewsbury rams with your admission :)

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#44 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Great result Rams, well done

#45 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think, after the let down of Boxing day, this is a good move by the club.

Many casual fans will be thinking "shiite, cant be arsed after boxing day" But this lower price might (and hopefully will) coax them back. And though I dont expect us to win tomorrow, there is a huge difference between a load of hungover blokes freezing their asses off whilst running uphil in Batley, and a friendly with one of the stronger sides in the league on the 6th January.

Looking forward more to this than I was boxing day.

According to a poster on the fax site crowd 1066 made up of 1000 from fax and 66 from Dews , oh and Robin and an odd Wigan fan ????

#46 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Much improved from boxing day. Nullified the fax forrads ... moreover got on top of yhem in the second afe. Kept Handforth out of the game and the kick/chase which was non-existent boxing day wss just spot on today.
Most enjoyable tenners worth!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#47 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Fev were represented by four of us. Good craic and a thoroughly enjoyable game!
Given the hapless effort boxing day, dews impressed no end today.
I love rugby in this league. Even if we went up id stil support this league. Buzzin today.

#48 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

excellent stuff rams, dare i say it.
Thought a big hiding was on the cards and It goes to show that now and again a youthful entusiastic performance outweighs an expensive senior set up!

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#49 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Very impressive today, lots of enthusiasm and vastly improved from Boxing Day. Thought Hepworth, Spicer, Aizue and lillycrop ran very well and tackling was spot on. Coleman looked a lot sharper today, with Gallagher you have to wonder how good he would be if was in better shape. Thought Halifax were very poor

Negatives thought were goal kicking looks a bit dicey, both Halifax and Batley were more effective at "controlling the play the ball" or holding down in the tackle in old money. We need to do similar if the ref allows it. We lacked a bot of composure when attacking, trying to push passes. Once the season proper starts doubt we will score as many tries diving over from acting half.

But loads better than Boxing Day.

#50 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

The lads were excellent today, especially in defence. Fax just weren't allowed to get into the game apart from a brief 10 min spell in the second half. Superb performances throughout the team. Lillycrop will just get better and better and Brown looks like he could be a great catch. MOM today was difficult, I know Coleman won it but my vote would have gone to Hepworth who didn't put a foot wrong. Bit worried about Schofield though he doesn't seem to have any confidence in himself.

#51 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Your halves were easily on top hence bringing the backs in seemingly at will... even when your 6 went off for a spell!

#52 bigboyroy

bigboyroy
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Great game today, thought the whole team played well and looked enthusiastic against a good Halifax side.Half backs we're much improved today thought last kick lets us down.Lillycrop and Aizue great in spells but for me Tonks,Hepworth and Spicer were fantastic keeping going all game worked harder, ran harder and tackled better, look forward to more of the same next week
WELL DONE LADS

#53 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Great game today, thought the whole team played well and looked enthusiastic against a good Halifax side.Half backs we're much improved today thought last kick lets us down.Lillycrop and Aizue great in spells but for me Tonks,Hepworth and Spicer were fantastic keeping going all game worked harder, ran harder and tackled better, look forward to more of the same next week
WELL DONE LADS

some very good posts already. Thought Hepworth & Liilycrop were outstanding. Rob Spicer looking more like his old self and even Spav and Coleman made a couple of good breaks and Brown showing great promise. Think Tebb will have a massive season and Hale had a really strong game at centre. Aizue looks much fitter than we were lead to believe and was it me or did Tommy look like he had lost a few pounds since boxing day....?
Superb performance, well worth £10. Even the missus went today because it was a tenner; please keep it the same for next week.

#54 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

With Handforth and Thackray at 6 and 7 Fax will struggle. And now Penky has gone we have no idea at 9 by the look of things. Fax just have a set of big forwards- but the game has moved on and I dont think Harrison has to be honest. And the same failings from last year look to be still there despite new players coming in. Laughton the clown was bad so I hear for both sides but thats nothing new. Dewsbury are dark horses and have recruited well both players and coaches. I would not be surprised if you finish in the top 4.

#55 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Thought todays team as a whole played really well, the kick and chase was vastly improved on last weeks game and to say Halifax were poor would be an injustice in just how good the Dewsbury defence was. Halifax weren't allowed to get any rhythm or roll going all game Glenn must have got his message over to the lads through this weeks training sessions and be pleased with the result on the pitch. Still things to work on but then again improving is on going you never stop.

#56 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

How full strength was this Fax side.

Looks like Nanyn and Tonks were the only first teamers missing.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#57 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Rettie tonka injured so wouldn't have played - sheriffe signed to cover rettie - and played
Murrell rested
Morrison nanyn longer term re-hab but maybe not 1st choice anyway
Worrincy just got married apparently
If that was the first league game I reckon only Worrincy n murrel'sinclusion would be diffrrent

#58 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 978 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Robin, hope you enjoyed yourself today. You and your mates at Fev will always be made to feel welcome when your lads don't have a game.

Murrell's injured, as I understand it. Scaphoid.

#59 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Looks like Nanyn and Tonks were the only first teamers missing.

This comes up every time we or anyone beats another side they weren't expected to.

The fact is those boys were put out in Halifax jerseys and we beat them, ergo we beat Halifax.

Those who ask what strenght the side was etc are just looking to dampen the victory. We played Halifax and beat them, simple.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 07 January 2013 - 07:48 AM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#60 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Defensivly the Rams were very good but I thought Fax were poor. I will credit Dewsbury for the win for massing in the tackle and generally being more interested. I thought Aizue, spicer and Spavin went well and saw Gallagher off load from the tackle numerous times. I was also surprised Coleman got MOM he threw 3 or 4 passes to no one but the floor!

All in all not a bad game and good value at a tenner. I have to say though looking from the seats (thought I try the posh side as it too was a tenner) I was surprised how few Rams shirts I could see in comparison to the Blue & White of Fax. Perhaps the Rams thought it too cold to unbotton their coats?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users