Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 23 Halifax 10 - discuss the match here

dewsbury vs halifax

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

We still have Ben Jones, Austin Buchanan and Dario Esposito to come in.

Esposito should play against Bradford.

#62 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Defensivly the Rams were very good but I thought Fax were poor. I will credit Dewsbury for the win for massing in the tackle and generally being more interested. I thought Aizue, spicer and Spavin went well and saw Gallagher off load from the tackle numerous times. I was also surprised Coleman got MOM he threw 3 or 4 passes to no one but the floor!

All in all not a bad game and good value at a tenner. I have to say though looking from the seats (thought I try the posh side as it too was a tenner) I was surprised how few Rams shirts I could see in comparison to the Blue & White of Fax. Perhaps the Rams thought it too cold to unbotton their coats?

It might have escaped your attention PM, but some of us don't look all that good in a replica shirt - bit like john prescott wearing white trainers and hipster jeans. So yes, many of us had our coats, longjohns and everything else buttoned up. :rolleyes: Thought the match was won largely by the rams defence - that's the first time for donkeys years I've seen us looking organised, structured and commited in that department. For me rob spicer was head and shoulders the best player on the field in both attack and defence and should have had the MOM. Thought of the new recruits, morton and lillicrop looked useful, coleman showed some creativity, and aizue could be a big asset if he gets fit. To me though, in attack the "kids" were competent without looking outstanding (Mathew tebb looked far more dangerous than wright) and it was the old guard that took the eye. Reckon we could do with a bit more pace in the outside backs, and I still remain to be convinced about spaven, but all in all, I think we can look forward to the season with a good deal of optimism, based on our defence alone.
I'm afraid fax, without penky, could struggle to make top four.

#63 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Defensivly the Rams were very good but I thought Fax were poor. I will credit Dewsbury for the win for massing in the tackle and generally being more interested. I thought Aizue, spicer and Spavin went well and saw Gallagher off load from the tackle numerous times. I was also surprised Coleman got MOM he threw 3 or 4 passes to no one but the floor!

All in all not a bad game and good value at a tenner. I have to say though looking from the seats (thought I try the posh side as it too was a tenner) I was surprised how few Rams shirts I could see in comparison to the Blue & White of Fax. Perhaps the Rams thought it too cold to unbotton their coats?

No Piggy. For once I have to agree with you. There were very few Rams fans in the South Stand. Not sure why, maybe they had decided to take the advantage of seats at a tenner?

#64 landy13

landy13
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

A few pictures from yesterdays game

http://www.matchdayp...-v-Halifax-Pre/

cheers
www.matchdayphotography.com

#65 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Got to agree with most on here a vast improvement on Boxing Day, the halfs looked sharp, until Brown was injured, and the defence worked as a unit, not bad for their second game.
Excellent game to watch but my man of the match would be Rob Spicer

#66 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

I was dissapointed with our home crowd today, loads of the regulars chose not to come for 1 reason or another with it been a friendly and alot of fans skint from christmas but all will be back for the league .It is worth noting though that rams fans have 3 sections of the southstand we cover, while the away fans usualy cover just 2 sections of our southstand.

#67 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Sorry to say that I was missing due to late family commitments - nothing to do with money, just time.

I will also miss a few home games.....................but i've still bought a season ticket. :rolleyes:
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#68 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Sorry to say that I was missing due to late family commitments - nothing to do with money, just time.

I will also miss a few home games.....................but i've still bought a season ticket. :rolleyes:

Arn't Timeshare's a bummer

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#69 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Arn't Timeshare's a bummer

So I've heard - glad I don't have one. ;)

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#70 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

It was good to see our half backs taking the line on and even making clean breaks. Can't remember the last time I saw that.

#71 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Another much improved performance on Sunday from Boxing Day.We made a very good Halifax side look a poor side.First time in a long time that Paul Handforth was kept out of his comfort zone.The player who's standing out so far for me is Lillycrop,another Steve Crossley in the making!!.Leave him alone Featherstone :angry:

#72 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

And who is the Dewsbury reporter in the League Express? Says Fax have several missing!

#73 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Dewsbury had three missing, Fax had four missing.

#74 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

I see Dane Manning got two matches for the incident that was put on report.

#75 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Another much improved performance on Sunday from Boxing Day.We made a very good Halifax side look a poor side.First time in a long time that Paul Handforth was kept out of his comfort zone.The player who's standing out so far for me is Lillycrop,another Steve Crossley in the making!!.Leave him alone Featherstone :angry:

Then again, Lilycrop chose us over Batley and Featherstone.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#76 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 988 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Your right he did pick us instead of Batley and Rovers ,but a good season under his belt will get these teams and more sniffing round him.We need to find a way of keeping our best players season after season.

#77 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Your right he did pick us instead of Batley and Rovers ,but a good season under his belt will get these teams and more sniffing round him.We need to find a way of keeping our best players season after season.

Do what batley did last year, sign them up June/July time.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#78 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

I see Dane Manning got two matches for the incident that was put on report.

I heard his suspension was for incidents in the Keighley game so maybe he'll get another one for Sunday's stupidity.

As far as the game is concerned I was pleased with our defence and some tackling like what I want to see!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#79 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,595 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

A few pictures from yesterdays game

http://www.matchdayp...-v-Halifax-Pre/

cheers

Looking at those pictures, I would like to say, from my perspective, how good it was to see both teams kitted out in their historic, traditional colours and designs and none on this avant garde modern design stuff that I detest.

#80 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Looking at those pictures, I would like to say, from my perspective, how good it was to see both teams kitted out in their historic, traditional colours and designs and none on this avant garde modern design stuff that I detest.

Dewsbury should have played in red then as those were the original colours.

Things change...........................even I accept that (except summer rugby, of course!).

B)

John Ray (1627 - 1705)