Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

u20s

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

good to see the club is to run an u20s side next year the future for clubs at our level has said in other threads is to develop our own players just hope it lasts longer than the u21s and u18s did
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#2 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Extremely good news.

Will this be a Rochdale based venture or Saints as per the first team squad. Not a problem asking paid players to travel to St Helens numerous times a week but i can see it being a bit more difficult getting teenagers over. Or will the u20's already be living over there? I hope not.

#3 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

not sure nothing released yet from the club, found the fixtures in League Express
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#4 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,880 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Which clubs are in it?

#5 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hornets Oldham York Leigh Featherstone South Wales Halifax Salford Keighley Hemal Stags but due to clubs commiting to feature within a different number of fixtures the league table will be decided upon a percentage basis depending on games played starts on March 2nd

#6 CAMS

CAMS
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

A wise move, and the next step forward from the work that myself, Chris Hough, Dave Ramsbottom, Ryan Hannon and Matt Millward did in 2012. Some very talented young players brought into the club last season, and I know there were a lot more to be found locally.

Lets hope the club and the league can give them a structure of set fixtures in order to assist their development.

See how CAMS can benefit you and your club!

Complete Athlete Management Solutions

www.cams-sport.com

#7 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Unfortunately last season there was no real structure to the fixtures for the under 23's and players and officials were left clicking their heels for many weeks. I am sure that all players and especially young players become somewhat dissolutioned without a game at weekend after training during the week. This new structured under 20's system certainly looks a great setup for 2013 and I'm sure all supporters will give it their full backing.
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

I hope to be able to attend some of these games but really cannot commit to much at this time. If anyone is going to attend and could take some notes of scores etc I will put reports in the Hornets programme. If you can provide digital photographs as well that would be very useful.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Wonder if it would be an idea to help fund the U20s,to have sponsor a player like we did with the U 21s last season,so that people who cant afford a full sponsorship package but want to help in some way can do so.

#10 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,880 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hornets Oldham York Leigh Featherstone South Wales Halifax Salford Keighley Hemal Stags but due to clubs commiting to feature within a different number of fixtures the league table will be decided upon a percentage basis depending on games played starts on March 2nd

Heard London Skolars have made a late entry as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users