- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

what are your hopes & aspirations for OLRFC in 2013??

mine are.........that we get out of this godforsaken league & we see some actual development at whitebank..

not too much to ask for is it?

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#2 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Nope

#3 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

I would be happy with those two goals being met but it won't be easy to do either. We will be an unknowned quantity as a team as will many others and I don't see people queing up to give us money for ground improvements in the current climate. But do wish all Roughyeds fans and staff and happy and successful New Year. Come on you Yeds!

Edited by TOSH1960, 01 January 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#4 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

what are your hopes & aspirations for OLRFC in 2013??

mine are.........that we get out of this godforsaken league & we see some actual development at whitebank..

not too much to ask for is it?

Now Now Now .........you know better than to ask such a silly question .....of course its too much ........... and reading other threads on the Forum it does look like Gloucester may be a non starter , so one less home fixture as well ......... havin said that 10 HOME fixtures in an entire season is nowhere near enough to generate enough income to support even a tiddleywinks team let alone a semi proffesional RL team . . . Only one game in each of April, May and August and only two in June and July . . . . just not enough to generate any interest or income . . a far cry from the 70's when they had around 20 home fixtures per season
Posted Image

#5 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

agreed 10 games is'nt enough.......so what do we do about it??

we could organise a 'law cup' series with rochdale..........they are in the same boat we're in when it comes to lack of games..

we could organise a 'standard cup type' 9's tournament for all the teams in oldham plus invite the mob from rochdale over (hairnets & mayfield)....this is something ORLFC & RugbyOldham could work together on.

we could organise warm up game against one of the world cup teams later this year..

theres plenty of things we can do to boost 'game day income'............someone just needs to organise them

Edited by roughyedspud, 03 January 2013 - 11:03 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#6 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

another idea i've been brewing for a while is we ( or rugby oldham) relaunch 'OLDHAM FC' this team,playing in black & amber hoops,would be selected from the towns amateur teams and would play against ORLFC each season..

i've noticed hunslet have done something similar with them playing hunslet 'allstars'...which is made up from the towns 2 amateur teams...

Edited by roughyedspud, 03 January 2013 - 10:58 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#7 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hornets play a town team made up from clubs based in Bolton Bury and Rochdale and have done for a few years Hornets team is made up mainly from fringe players and younger players Also like your idea for a nines competition maybe incorporate a masters competition into it make a full day of it
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#8 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

They used to have 5 aside amature game tournaments at Watersheddings i cant remember ifthey were every year or not.
There were some good players on show.

#9 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

i remember going to a 7s tournament at sheddings in the early 1990s...think i remember oldham playing saddleworth??

OLDHAM RLFC

#10 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

so we've arranged a single pre season game...away at rochdale... :blink:

that'll be rochdales THIRD home fixture during pre season.......thats how you do it oldham!!

Edited by roughyedspud, 04 January 2013 - 09:47 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#11 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I believe there will be a couple of other friendlies before the Law cup game end Jan/early Feb tbc.Spoke to a couple of the lads who say training is going well and is much more intense, focused and challenging than in previous years which is a good sign.

We need to have faith in the new coaching team who will plan the year (including friendlies) to achieve the one and only goal of promotion. For the year i'd like to see a good start maybe even a bit of luck, this will keep our fantastic fans happy and maybe even get a few more through the turnstiles. And of course some tangible changes in ground improvements.
One for all and all for the one

#12 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

slightly off topic but does anyone know when the next round of planning applications go in to the council meetings

#13 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Slightly off topic Martin Roden Oxford bound

#14 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Roughyedspud

How about we arrange a pre-season friendly with Salford with all proceeds going to their survival fund ;-)

#15 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

how about we buy the nails for their coffin?

OLDHAM RLFC

#16 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Whos survival fund ?

#17 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

so we've arranged a single pre season game...away at rochdale... :blink

that'll be rochdales THIRD home fixture during pre season.......thats how you do it oldham!!

I think the law cup will only be our second home game, the game against the Town Team will be played at Mayfield.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#18 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

you play st helens don't you?

OLDHAM RLFC