Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TRL Helpdesk

Free Graph Software

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi has anyone got a link to a decent basic graph download please?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#2 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Anyone please.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#3 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Microsoft Excel? Any number of graphs, bar charts, etc can be created

#4 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Excel does offer excellent graphing possibilities.

If it's got to be free, try Open Office. It's a suite of programs that closely mirrors Microsoft Office, including an Excel-like spreadsheet, but is free to download.

If it's serious 'graphs from functions' that you need, you'll have to google what you want and see if anything really fits your bill.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#5 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,699 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Excel does offer excellent graphing possibilities.

If it's got to be free, try Open Office. It's a suite of programs that closely mirrors Microsoft Office, including an Excel-like spreadsheet, but is free to download.

If it's serious 'graphs from functions' that you need, you'll have to google what you want and see if anything really fits your bill.

OpenOffice is very good free alternative to MS Office. If it is mathematical plots you are after (in a mathematical sense graphs are different to plots) then gnuplot, Octave (an open source version if MATLAB), Wolfram Alpha and Paraview all do the job and they are free. If you are a Mac user, there is grapher that is shipped with every Mac that produces beautiful graphs.
Fides invicta triumphat

#6 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Thanks all........ Just graphing how much I'm in debt by that's all :D :huh:

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,872 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

I use OpenOffice.org at home. It is compatible with any existing Microsoft Office documents you may have, too.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I'm very fortunate in that I get to buy the latest version of MS Office for just over £8 via a partnership deal we have through work.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#9 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Well trying it on open office, not as easy as I though but hey ho

#10 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,699 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Really? Just the same as Excel for 90% of jobs. Have you tried googledocs?
Fides invicta triumphat

#11 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

There are a few minor differences from Excel (I think semi-colons are used as parameter separators instead of the commas used in Excel?) but there is comprehensive help available from the menu bar.

I did find the ranges a bit tricky to set or reset when graphing, but I worked it out in the end. Like everything, practice makes perfect.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users