Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tops for Teams

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Tops for teams; Proposed Sponsorship for individual BARLA clubs

The first initiative to mark the 40th anniversary of BARLA is being piloted in Yorkshire.

BARLA, in partnership with four major sponsors, are set to launch the, "Tops for Teams," kit giveaway project, where BARLA affiliated clubs will benefit from a free kit. Providing on the response received from the pilot scheme in Yorkshire, there is potential for the project to be rolled out nationally.

The official launch of the project is set for a date in February and as a pre-cursor to this, details of the proposals are currently being distributed to BARLA clubs east of the Pennines. These proposals are accompanied with the cover letter below.

"At a time when it has recently been announced that grass roots rugby league will suffer the massive blow of a £10m cut in funding over the next 4 years, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for your club to receive a 15 player kit free of charge.

The kit giveaway project, named ‘Tops for Teams’, is being officially launched in February 2013, by four sponsors – Help-Link UK Ltd, Xamax, Worcester Bosch and Plumb Centre.

This project is designed to help the junior academy of local amateur rugby teams become equipped with the professional kits needed for them to perform to the best of their ability.

The pilot for this project will see all 114 BARLA affiliated clubs throughout Yorkshire provided with a 15 player kit in their home team colours. Providing on the response received from the pilot, there is potential for the project to be rolled out nationally.

The high quality uniforms, which would retail at over £100,000 for all 114 strips, will be provided by the four sponsors and includes shirts, shorts and socks incorporating the sponsor’s official logos.

All four of the sponsors currently have, or have previously had some form of involvement with rugby league, Help-Link is the current sponsor of the Castleford Tigers – they would now like to give something back to grass roots rugby.

The recent economic crisis, and the subsequent cut in rugby league funding, has made it a challenge for local sports clubs to function as efficiently as they would hope. By providing 114 clubs with a professional kit in their home team strip, the sponsors are not only investing in the legacy of local teams, but are also emphasising the importance of an active lifestyle from a young age. The hope is that the juniors will continue to install the same attitude towards a healthy lifestyle into within adulthood.

The conditions for receiving the kit are outlined in the attached proposal document. Not all of the elements that are outlined in the proposal are going to be required; it is simply a document that gives an understanding of what is possible.

If you would like to take up this fantastic opportunity, please contact the BARLA office on 01484 599113, or by email; secretary@barla.org.uk by no later than Monday 14th January."

Attached Files

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

All sponsorship offers are more than welcome.

But this one is not available to all Barla members , just some of them from God's own County

How is that proper and effective representation for the membership as a whole?

And causing upset within the ranks I hear. Have Ravensport been allowed to be in the tender process or is that sewn up as well ?.........

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

All sponsorship offers are more than welcome.

But this one is not available to all Barla members , just some of them from God's own County

How is that proper and effective representation for the membership as a whole?

And causing upset within the ranks I hear. Have Ravensport been allowed to be in the tender process or is that sewn up as well ?.........

Was Wincanton allowed in the RFL tender process for 30 trailers worth of sponsorship or did Stobarts have it sewn up via their sponsorship with a club on the dark side of the Pennines? or did the RFL give 6 match balls to all amateur clubs at the start of their season (do i have to go on with the endless list which includes tavel)

As it says it's a pilot scheme looking to be expanded

#4 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Nice scheme and i'm sure all help is greatly received by any club. If this was the RFL doing it though I have a feeling that Marauder would be screaming about bribery and taking "30 pieces of silver" akin to when the NCL clubs accepted a small travel subsidy to help with the expense of travelling. Just one issue I have with the scheme is what use is a 15 man kit when most teams operate with 17 players? Would also be interested to know what the "conditions for receiving the kit are outlined in the attached proposal document" are.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#5 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

I would be concerned about whether our own sponsors would be allowed on these kits. We have some very good sponsors who help us year in and year out and I'd rather turn this offer away if it affected our ability to promote our own supporters.

I assume the club would be able to top up the 15 shirts to 17 or 20 if required by paying for them.

Not that we would be involved in this deal, not being in BARLA.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#6 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Not a good reward to the loyalty of Golborne Parkside, Dalton etc to BARLA and winter

#7 Old school

Old school
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Throw Higgy in that as well!!!! please could any explain why it's just Yorkshire brala teams ???

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I would be concerned about whether our own sponsors would be allowed on these kits. We have some very good sponsors who help us year in and year out and I'd rather turn this offer away if it affected our ability to promote our own supporters.

I assume the club would be able to top up the 15 shirts to 17 or 20 if required by paying for them.

Not that we would be involved in this deal, not being in BARLA.

Don't apply Simple if you think it's going to have a detrimental effect on your current sponsors.

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Throw Higgy in that as well!!!! please could any explain why it's just Yorkshire brala teams ???

Not a good reward to the loyalty of Golborne Parkside, Dalton etc to BARLA and winter

Whats the reward for; Bramley, Kippax and a few others from the RFL, why did a certain Yorkshire jnr league get £10,000 for switching to summer when others never? so don't give me whats fair and whats not, the RFL have been doing i since the mid-90's.

The press release does state it's a pilot scheme and there is potential for the project to be rolled out nationally.

#10 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

The RFL couldn't force the NCL to stay winter purely to help Bramley and Kippax so that example is madness. Bramley and Kippax couldn't fulfil NCL fixtures even if they were let in and there was no plausible way the RLCN could have been saved even without the NCL switching to summer

Edited by bowes, 02 January 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#11 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Barla need to be very careful that they don't paint themselves into the corner of being just a Yorkshire diehard winter favouring organisation , as many out there now believe them to be.

I see Wildcats have a deal with Xamax offering kit at £432. Whatever else Ravensport kit I always found to be spot on . Anyone able to comment from knowledge on Barla's new suppliers stuff ?

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Barla need to be very careful that they don't paint themselves into the corner of being just a Yorkshire diehard winter favouring organisation , as many out there now believe them to be.

I see Wildcats have a deal with Xamax offering kit at £432. Whatever else Ravensport kit I always found to be spot on . Anyone able to comment from knowledge on Barla's new suppliers stuff ?

I always used Bulldog Sports (Leeds) who always use the top grade materials, we've neve had any problems.

#13 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

The RFL couldn't force the NCL to stay winter purely to help Bramley and Kippax so that example is madness. Bramley and Kippax couldn't fulfil NCL fixtures even if they were let in and there was no plausible way the RLCN could have been saved even without the NCL switching to summer

You do see things through boz eys and selective memory.

#14 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Kippax were going to be let in the NCL (subject to club vote) if they'd fulfilled their fixtures so can't blame the RFL there.

Your point about Yorkshire juniors was better but nevertheless this is a bad PR move for BARLA in Lancashire

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Kippax were going to be let in the NCL (subject to club vote) if they'd fulfilled their fixtures so can't blame the RFL there.

Your point about Yorkshire juniors was better but nevertheless this is a bad PR move for BARLA in Lancashire

You've forgot Cumbria as well

#16 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

I left out Cumbria because BARLA are offering travel funding for the new league there.

#17 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

I left out Cumbria because BARLA are offering travel funding for the new league there.

So you've noticed that the new league up there is not all the RFL doing and BARLA unlike the RFL are supporting both winter & summer rugby.

#18 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Whats the reward for; Bramley, Kippax and a few others from the RFL, why did a certain Yorkshire jnr league get £10,000 for switching to summer when others never? so don't give me whats fair and whats not, the RFL have been doing i since the mid-90's.

The press release does state it's a pilot scheme and there is potential for the project to be rolled out nationally.

Pilot scheme? For 114 kits? More like keeping it to themselves, we in cumbria have remained in Barla and then this happens. This will cause a few upsets

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#19 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I always used Bulldog Sports (Leeds) who always use the top grade materials, we've neve had any problems.

Go to Rugby Clothing co in Dewsbury who make the kits for Bulldog; there cheaper.

#20 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

So you've noticed that the new league up there is not all the RFL doing and BARLA unlike the RFL are supporting both winter & summer rugby.

The league is going ahead because Paul Williamson and Terry Barker have there own minds and ignore all of the bulls*** and politics. The meetings that have made it happen were all chaired by an RFL rep and there was funding on offer from the RFL and BARLA who would have most likely lost control of this league without it so there hand was very much forced
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users