Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tops for Teams

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,476 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Barla need to be very careful that they don't paint themselves into the corner of being just a Yorkshire diehard winter favouring organisation , as many out there now believe them to be.

I see Wildcats have a deal with Xamax offering kit at £432. Whatever else Ravensport kit I always found to be spot on . Anyone able to comment from knowledge on Barla's new suppliers stuff ?

Does it matter if they seen as that (or even if they are that)?
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#22 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Does it matter if they seen as that (or even if they are that)?

It should do if they have the name British in the title and also if they are going to select players from leagues "outside the organisation" to go on their tours and expect those clubs where the players come from that fund those tours.
Seems to me that while the scheme no doubt has merits and will benefit a small number of clubs, in my opinion it sends out the wrong message about their agenda and future direction of the organisation.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#23 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

It should do if they have the name British in the title and also if they are going to select players from leagues "outside the organisation" to go on their tours and expect those clubs where the players come from that fund those tours.
Seems to me that while the scheme no doubt has merits and will benefit a small number of clubs, in my opinion it sends out the wrong message about their agenda and future direction of the organisation.

I thought you would have known that the NCL club are not outside the organisation an thats why the players get selected, I would have thought that you would have known that the £150,000 ring fenced for BARLA has now cleverly been diverted to tier 3 of the RFL!!! That just happens to be what your club plays in isn't it ? yes not much shouting from you to spread that money into tier 4 :huh:

Edited by Marauder, 03 January 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#24 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Go to Rugby Clothing co in Dewsbury who make the kits for Bulldog; there cheaper.

Will have a look.

#25 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I thought you would have known that the NCL club are not outside the organisation an thats why the players get selected, I would have thought that you would have known that the £150,000 ring fenced for BARLA has now cleverly been diverted to tier 3 of the RFL!!! That just happens to be what your club plays in isn't it ? yes not much shouting from you to spread that money into tier 4 :huh:

I would have thought that you'd have known that to be part of Tier 3 (in the NCL) you also have to run teams at Tier 4 ;)

#26 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

I would have thought that you'd have known that to be part of Tier 3 (in the NCL) you also have to run teams at Tier 4 ;)

I know that, but what has that go to do with who is a member of the organisation?

#27 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

The statement in the press release says "BARLA affiliated clubs" - i'm just questioning what BARLA's definition of this would be, i'm sure we'll find out if this scheme gets rolled out beyond Yorkshire. I'll not be holding my breath mind!

I'm sure that every club in the north of the country are more than likely still affiliated in some shape or form to BARLA - through their district league even if not anymore by through the league they play in at whatever level, be it junior or open age. Some of the playing leagues are still associate members of BARLA, others like the NWML are independent of it and governed by the RFL. I know that you're skeptical about the RFL's motives in regard to the community game and I can understand where you are coming from but you need to face it that BARLA is an ageing organisation, run by the provebial dinosaurs, that is past it's sell by date. It served a great purpose when it was formed and has many great achievements of which it can be rightfully proud, but very little of what it is doing now is benefiting its members.

Edited by thestatman, 04 January 2013 - 03:26 AM.

#28 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,476 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

The statement in the press release says "BARLA affiliated clubs" - i'm just questioning what BARLA's definition of this would be, i'm sure we'll find out if this scheme gets rolled out beyond Yorkshire. I'll not be holding my breath mind!

I'm sure that every club in the north of the country are more than likely still affiliated in some shape or form to BARLA - through their district league even if not anymore by through the league they play in at whatever level, be it junior or open age. Some of the playing leagues are still associate members of BARLA, others like the NWML are independent of it and governed by the RFL. I know that you're skeptical about the RFL's motives in regard to the community game and I can understand where you are coming from but you need to face it that BARLA is an ageing organisation, run by the provebial dinosaurs, that is past it's sell by date. It served a great purpose when it was formed and has many great achievements of which it can be rightfully proud, but very little of what it is doing now is benefiting its members.

That is what I was getting at. That it might be seen as a Yorkshire-centric organisation these days might be a symptom of its decline.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#29 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Only one NCL club not affiliated to BARLA :huh: That may change has jobs @ Red Hall become increasingly under threat :o

#30 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,712 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Only one NCL club not affiliated to BARLA :huh: That may change has jobs @ Red Hall become increasingly under threat :o

Are Peterlee affiliated to BARLA still?

#31 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

All sponsorship offers are more than welcome.

But this one is not available to all Barla members , just some of them from God's own County

How is that proper and effective representation for the membership as a whole?

And causing upset within the ranks I hear. Have Ravensport been allowed to be in the tender process or is that sewn up as well ?.........

Has we drift in and out of a Military theme. "Watch and shoot, watch and shoot" ;) Only one NCL club not a membr of BARLA.

#32 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Are Peterlee affiliated to BARLA still?

Best ask Rob if they have paid their fee?

#33 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

All sponsorship offers are more than welcome.

But this one is not available to all Barla members , just some of them from God's own County

How is that proper and effective representation for the membership as a whole?

And causing upset within the ranks I hear. Have Ravensport been allowed to be in the tender process or is that sewn up as well ?.........

Your guessing that the owner of Ravensport (who is on the BARLA committe) is upset :angry: But is he a bigger person than that? Does he understand you can't turn good sponsorship down (£100,000 worth of kits Vs 30 Trailers :wub: & no money) Has he got other deals in the pipeline?

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Barla need to be very careful that they don't paint themselves into the corner of being just a Yorkshire diehard winter favouring organisation , as many out there now believe them to be.

I see Wildcats have a deal with Xamax offering kit at £432. Whatever else Ravensport kit I always found to be spot on . Anyone able to comment from knowledge on Barla's new suppliers stuff ?

Peter "Come on now" do I have to tell you that your Under 16's won the BARLA Xamax National U 16's cup 24 - 6 against Bold Miners on the 3rd/June/2012 and part of the prize was a brand new Xamax Kit ?

#35 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Peter "Come on now" do I have to tell you that your Under 16's won the BARLA Xamax National U 16's cup 24 - 6 against Bold Miners on the 3rd/June/2012 and part of the prize was a brand new Xamax Kit ?

So you have to buy it or win it if you're not from Yorkshire :) :)

I doubt that they've played in it yet ,certainly not for a full season . Just wanted to know how the kit wore over time compared to others Marauder.
I agree with you about Bulldog.Sports . I've found Raging Bull good as well. And Mick's gear....

#36 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

So you have to buy it or win it if you're not from Yorkshire :) :)

I doubt that they've played in it yet ,certainly not for a full season . Just wanted to know how the kit wore over time compared to others Marauder.
I agree with you about Bulldog.Sports . I've found Raging Bull good as well. And Mick's gear....

Thats 3 west of the Pennine teams with KITS not paid for up to press then :) I'm 100% sure once the wrangling has finished by BARLA more will be on displayed over the hill and far way.

#37 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

That is what I was getting at. That it might be seen as a Yorkshire-centric organisation these days might be a symptom of its decline.

The sponsor is from aWest Yorkshire company and originally only wanted to do the deal for West Yorkshire clubs (which I would accept personally) but BARLA have extended the deal to include all of Yorkshire (Which in itself is a major advance on the original offer)

Has someone mentioned earlier, any sponsorship these days can't be turned away and if it doesn't get extended into Cumbria at lease they are going to be getting travel money which in itself is worth more per club than a four and half hundred pound kit (Did I hear any Yorkshire side moaning about travel money........."NO")

#38 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

which club is that then.

#39 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,712 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

which club is that then.

My club Coventry Bears

#40 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

which club is that then.

Not yours so don't worry, but it is a Yorkshire club?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users