• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

you can get brooklyn lager in our local ASDA which is acceptable

but the variety I came across, the flavours from rich malt to flowert hoppy and the strengths of some of them was sensational. A lot opf these beers went really well with food.

A lot of beers do go well with food. It mildly annoys me that all those poncy food programs (to which I am strangely addicted :wacko: ) always, but ALWAYS select a wine to accompany their food. I wish just one of them would have the guts to choose a beer to go with a rich meat dish.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#102 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Bryn Mawr, shirley? One of our suppliers used to be based there, but have now moved to a town called - get this - King of Prussia!

On a recent business trip to College Ville, PA we stopped in King of Prussia on the way up. The shopping mall was huge.

28m391z.jpg

#103 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

On a recent business trip to College Ville, PA we stopped in King of Prussia on the way up. The shopping mall was huge.

Yes It is the largest probably in the country.I have been there too,ish We lived a it nearer
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#104 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,594 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

A lot of beers do go well with food. It mildly annoys me that all those poncy food programs (to which I am strangely addicted :wacko: ) always, but ALWAYS select a wine to accompany their food. I wish just one of them would have the guts to choose a beer to go with a rich meat dish.

The Hairy Bikers, in the first programme of their current series, consulted an expert, and served a different beer with each course of their meal, including dessert. Chosen correctly, it can work very well.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#105 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Even without the meal.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users