Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Pinks this Sunday at Barton?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Does anybody know if the friendly match against our dear neighbours, Eccles Town Reds, is actually still on? It gets a mention on their website but there's nowt at all on ours.

If it is on, then why is it not announced on our website?

Puzzling, don't you think?

#2 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

I think it's definitely on as Alan Marshall has purchased tickets from the City Of Salford Stadium and was told the game would definitely go ahead.As far as I'm aware our offices are still closed following the festivities.

#3 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Tickets cannot be bought from our club. its all done through the stadium management company type thing. i am just hoping you can pay on the door as there is no way im parting with any cash before hand.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#4 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'm sure we'll be able to Barnie.

Posted Image

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Barnie since the stadium management company operate ticket distribution and not Salford you will get a full refund if the game doesn't go ahead. It's very much how LSV operate, they collect the cash,deduct expenses and then pay the balance to the club.

#6 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

As for a cash gate, I think you'll need to buy a ticket at the ticket office.

#7 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

It seems that only the West Stand will be open on Sunday.I believe the stand holds a maximum of 3000 so if those wanting to attend exceeds expectations there is a possibility that people could be turned away.They cannot open other areas up as there will not be enough stewards to facilitate this.With the significance of the game it is not beyond the realms of possibility that there could be a bumper gate so best to get tickets in advance.

#8 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

It seems that only the West Stand will be open on Sunday.I believe the stand holds a maximum of 3000 so if those wanting to attend exceeds expectations there is a possibility that people could be turned away.They cannot open other areas up as there will not be enough stewards to facilitate this.With the significance of the game it is not beyond the realms of possibility that there could be a bumper gate so best to get tickets in advance.

By the way it is a 2pm kick off on Sunday.

#9 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

That's shocking that. They should open at least two stands. I was really looking forward to us all sat/stood together making a lot of noise, but now it doesn't seem that will be the case.

Posted Image

#10 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

By the way it is a 2pm kick off on Sunday.

You're doing a good job deputising for the club Alan while they're sunning themselves in the Bahamas or wherever.

#11 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

All a bit embarrasing for the Forever Reds people and those on Scarlet Turkey who are banging the drum for 8,000 to turn up and give a show of support......

It is clear from the stadium website that not only are they limiting the capacity to West Stand only, but they aren't even opening the whole of that stand.

Only the middle 4 blocks are being made available, which is circa 1,500 maximum seats outside the hospitality areas.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#12 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Perhaps the Salford City Stadium should be renamed the White Elephant Stadium.

#13 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I hfonestly can't believe what they are doing with the ground. Its derby day and they opening 4 blocks, could not organise a ###### up in a brewery. My shift patterns wont allow me to get to the ground till matchday and now there is the chance I wont get in. I am furious

#14 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm going down tomorrow Andy for tickets ,just spoke to Paul Wareing think he's going to ring you.

#15 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Happy days cheers Cozy

#16 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I can see they're opening W03, W04 and W05.
Are us Lions fans being allocated or choosing a particular block?

#17 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

I think once your in you can sit where you like...but don't quote me on this.

#18 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

I think once your in you can sit where you like...but don't quote me on this.

oops lol
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#19 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Can anyone tell me the result and how the team - played I had to work today - so could not go......:(

#20 kingspeedbump

kingspeedbump
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

52-12 to Salford

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users