Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Prediction for Sunday?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Thought I would start the build up to the biggest derby match there is in all types of sports. How do we think we will get on?

My prediction is a close hard thought game but I think we will sneak it 24-20.

Come on you Lions.

#2 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

As much as i would love to think we will win I cannot see it you after all they are still a full time outfit with SL standard players. i think it'll be 36 20 to the pinks.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#3 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

I think with the players having the training facilties they have had over past 2 months we will match them on that front. I just feel with the good pre season we have had and the one they are having they will not be mentally right.

#4 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Full time status should ensure a Salford win but nothing to say a good performance can't give us a moral victory.

#5 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Leigh produced a remarkable win at Barton last year at a time when they had major financial issues of their own, so its not totally impossible, but Salford really ought to win comfortably provided they apply themselves properly.

It all depends how the Salford players respond to the financial woes. It could go either way - as Leigh showed last year, sometimes players can take inspiration from this sort of situation. On the other hand, some might have had enough and already got a future mapped out elsewhere so not be interested. A big test for Phil Veivers and his leadership skills, especially if they do get to start the Super League season.

Salford to win 48-12.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#6 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Think it will be quite a close game but Salford should edge it.

32 - 16
Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Rugby League will be the winner .
Looking forward to the game.

#8 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Mystic Phill almost strikes again, just 4 points out!

Marc Snyed could've done the gentlemanly thing and missed a couple of kicks. <_<
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users