League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Yorkshire Signs Albert Goldthorpe Shield, this Sunday!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

whoever is chosen for the goalkicking role should be out practising an hour before kick off for a solid 30 mins, mike fletcher used to do it and we all know how good he was.Imagine if that had been Barrow 1st match today and a close game with goalkicks depending on it.
Posted Image

#22 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

The free kids were not included in the total and the amateur clubs sold a combined total of 140 tickets between them compared to 350 last year, anyway a very professional performance and very encouraging signs apart from the goalkicking.

Are the meal tickets the amateur clubs sold, which I believe was around 50 per club, included in this figure or is there another 100 to add ?
Free tickets for kids was an excellent gesture from Hawks and one I'm sure the community appreciate. A good day but as you say a little disappointing attendance wise considering the mild weather.

#23 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Score anyone?

40 - 0 to Hawks. If they'd had you kicking Robbo it might have been higher.

#24 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

i think the final score was 40-0 but could be wrong, 9 tries 2 goals i think, Lee Maples got about 4 tries.
Posted Image

#25 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Score anyone?

Think it was 40 -nil daz but that didnt reflect on the all stars efforts one bit they tested the Hawks with some strong hits in defence and looked pumped up in more ways than one size wise that is lol
chappy

#26 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

It was 40-0 to the Hawks.

Thought Lee Mapels was outstanding ,rightly so winning the man of the match award, thought Mapel's got three tries today not four, and Oaksy was our 2nd best player today.

A lot of effort put in today from both teams for a friendly fixture.

Again just our goalkicking let us down, March needs to be our goalkicker for this season. I know he missed one kick at goal today, but he is the best we have for the kicking duties.

#27 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Yes, a good afternoon's entertainment missed by those who stayed away. Plenty of positives for us; everybody looks fit, passing was sharp and there's plenty of pace throughout the team ... going to be a particularly interesting fight for the 1 to 5 shirts I think! Defence was strong, limiting the Allstars to just a couple of chances, one they knocked on and another was chalked off for off-side (harshly from where I was sitting).

Goalkicking was a bit wayward, but the fact that we moved it about a bit meant that the wingers scored six tries between them, all out wide.

Regarding the attendance, it's amazing how fast the novelty value wears off on games like this. I remember the inaugural Lazenby Cup match after its resurrection brought something like 1600 in, don't think we've been close to that ever again. Maybe last year the Warriors and Old Boys fans thought they might have thought they had a bit of a chance, a year on and I think most people expected a one-sided match to some degree or other.

Well done to both sides for an enjoyable game.

#28 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hunslet Warriors are not playing at the moment, so there will be less interest around there club until the summer season starts. That could keep quite a few away.

Edited by gabby, 07 January 2013 - 09:32 AM.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#29 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Understand Luke Helliwell withdrew from the team overnight,--- he would have been doing the goalkicking.
We've got David March who kicked in Super League--- have to agree with us regulars who have been saying since lastt season that we need a goalkicker plus a scrum half--- Barry Eaton should know all about goalkicking so lets wait and see who gets that job when the league season starts.
Very pleased with yesterdays performance.

#30 Penola

Penola
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Good to see that over the last 120 minutes we have only conceded 10 points

#31 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

You're getting too good at stats Penola--- watch out there may be a job for you soon.
Replying to a earlier posting by KOL about goalkickers going out to practise before the game--- I remember a top goalkicker with the team we were playing doing just that-- he kicked every practise goal, and I thouht b-hell we don't stand a chance today. When the game came he missed every goal.
Finally let's not forget DANNY RATCLIFFE , and keep him in the frame. Perhaps HAWKEYE could update us on him.

#32 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

There was talk of the old boys/warriors playing each other and the winner takes on the hawks but thats defeating getting the community involved , the warriors start training 2morro (Tues) for there summer campaign , and the old boys last game was 15th December and i think it showed in their fitness towards the end , On the low crowd it was disappointing , but i do know that there are fans who watch both Hawks and there amateur club and fans who just watch there amateur club , maybe the mobile sign could be parked up next to the amateur grounds on the saturdays they play..........but there is still a lot to work on between the Pro and Amateur clubs.........

#33 Penola

Penola
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Does anyone know the make up of the teams for the Legends game?

Did I hear that Mick Coyle, Garry Schofield and Henderson Gill would be playing?

#34 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

The names i've heard passed round are , only talk......Mick Coyle , Steve Pryce , George Raynor , Jimmy Lowes........the teams need posting to get people interested

#35 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

The names i've heard passed round are , only talk......Mick Coyle , Steve Pryce , George Raynor , Jimmy Lowes........the teams need posting to get people interested

Spot on! Get the names firmed up for the legends team and plenty of local media will get this game the necessary feature coverage as a contra deal.
Posted Image

#36 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Steve pryce gas got most of the names on his Facebook page. Richie bakers playing aswell I beleive as is fearon, hasty, Chris Redfearn, Anthony Henderson, Latham, jermaine wray

Edited by maccca-6-, 07 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

hunslet hawks champions 2010

#37 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

The attendance wsa poor i agree ,to be honest you have to look at the time of year,just after xmas,people are skint, for a prime example,leeds v birmingham fa cup saturday 11,500.....most people got paid a week early so 5 weeks to next to pay day,a huge amount of people are struggling ,,sign of the times sadly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users