Who's Available?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Just booked my seats for the trip to Widnes on sunday, looking forward to seeing some of our new signings. Just wondering which of our squad will be available? any ideas.................

#2 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I would say it will be the likes of carter miller Mossop Morris calderwood c.phillips b.phillips Matty coward dowes Walne. I know we have injures still

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

miller,matty are injured and morris is banned.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Oh so not gonna have many players then

#5 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Thacks an Morris banned, Elliot, matty, stack, Rooney, Dawes, Lupton all injured

#6 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Action is also banned

#7 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Acton even

#8 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Just booked my seats for the trip to Widnes on sunday, looking forward to seeing some of our new signings. Just wondering which of our squad will be available? any ideas.................

Had a head count and got it down to the following;
Carter
walne
Coyle
Calders
Forber
C.Phillips
B.Phillips
Dowes
Mossop
Coward
Shacks
Cotter

Can't think of anyone else, maybe a few trialist's??

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hasn't Brett C been laid low with a virus for the past couple of weeks?

Edited by Keith T, 03 January 2013 - 05:22 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Great chance for widnes to see all of their squad !!

#11 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Gaskell. Does anyone know if Patrick has signed?

#12 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 667 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Do bans count in friendlys?

#13 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yes, only for 1 friendly tho

#14 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I heard that all friendlys count as one match of there ban

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

It doesn't matter whether your team has only one or four friendlies it only knocks one match off your ban length. So the ban carries on in to the league matches.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#16 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

i just think all the lads that are banned will play.It will reduce all the lads that are banned by one seems to make sense to me?????.

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

abu, they can't play in any games if they are banned. If Town had four friendly matches they would not be able to play in them but it would only knock 1 game off their suspension total. Jamie Acton got 4 matches and 1 match will be knocked off that total in the pre-season. The other 3 will be in league matches.

#18 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

That seems a very odd rule Keith

#19 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Ye thats right keith dont know what i was thinking about.

#20 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

That seems a very odd rule Keith

It's to stop clubs working it so that players wipe the slate clean before the league matches start. The bans are usually given for what occurred in a league or cup match and only those will count for the ban except for the one they are allowed to knock off for pre-season warm up games.

RFL Operational Rules D2.30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users