Who's Available?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I think what Rockerlad is saying and forgive me if I've picked it up wrong is that for instance in Football a player may be banned domestically but can still play in Europe, so should the banned players not be allowed to play in any warm up that isn't knocking anything off their ban?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#22 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Clarification (I hope). RFL Operational Rules: The following game can count towards any suspension:
D 2.28 (d) One pre-season (warm up)) game which has been sanctioned by the RFL. Other than that: D 2.30 If a player is suspended for a stated number of matches, the suspended player shall not play in any game or enter the pitch, bench or surrounding area in any capacity until his suspension is terminated.

#23 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Common sense would say yes.....the RFL would say no.......

#24 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Correct

#25 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Had a head count and got it down to the following;
Carter
walne
Coyle
Calders
Forber
C.Phillips
B.Phillips
Dowes
Mossop
Coward
Shacks
Cotter

Can't think of anyone else, maybe a few trialist's??

Bainbridge ?

#26 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Bainbridge ?

was in the paper the other day that they werent expecting him to sign as he hadnt been in contact with the club
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#27 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

bambers playing for kells next season

#28 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

We are at the time of year when we should be building up for the big start to the league programme and we did have a bit of momentum going among the fans. That seems to have dissipated somewhat and even the "Haven Fanzine" online hasn't had anything about us since 21st December ( I know that the reporter is out of commission for several weeks) and we really could do with a kick-start again.

We need bigger crowds this year to sell more tops and beer in the bars, etc, and generally getting people talking about Town but at the moment when I meet other Town fans they all seem to be asking the same question - "Any news or gossip from Town". Even the T & S today was a look back at last season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Good point , we need a signing or two to gear everyone up for the season starting . I do hope we get another quality half into our squad and maybe a centre / second row . Which Widnes players amalgamate in will be the big intriguing thing soon .

Edited by DavidM, 04 January 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

See today that young Brad Dwyer and Ryan Shaw have gone to Swinton from their Warrington link . Great stuff for them , Dwyer looked a real un at hooker for Warrington last year and Shaw is a dead eye dick .

#31 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

See today that young Brad Dwyer and Ryan Shaw have gone to Swinton from their Warrington link . Great stuff for them , Dwyer looked a real un at hooker for Warrington last year and Shaw is a dead eye dick .

They've got 6 all together off warrington

Edited by goingupthetown, 07 January 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#32 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Is Widnes away our only warm up game before Swinton on the 3rd????

#33 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

heard barrow away was on the agenda but nothing confirmed

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

According to the RL Express this morning, James Coyle tweaked a muscle in training on Thursday and could be missing. Help!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

They say all publicity is good publicity but that was a depressing article indeed. We need a good news story to spark us back up .

Edited by DavidM, 07 January 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#36 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Looks like to could be callum phillips and forber at half back. Mind it could be Coyle could do with 2 or 3 weeks more training to get some where near fit after been out for so long.

#37 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

so we've got:

Carter,Calderwood,Mossop,Olstrum,Patrick,Forber,Coyle?,Coward,C Phillips,Dowes,B Phillips,Shackley,Walne.

...anybody who isn't injured or suspended i've missed?

#38 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

so we've got:

Carter,Calderwood,Mossop,Olstrum,Patrick,Forber,Coyle?,Coward,C Phillips,Dowes,B Phillips,Shackley,Walne.

...anybody who isn't injured or suspended i've missed?

Cotter

#39 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

four that a very doutfull on your list are Patrick. Coward. Coyle. Olstrum.??

#40 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

four that a very doutfull on your list are Patrick. Coward. Coyle. Olstrum.??

Game of nine-a-side ? Where have i heard that before?

We could do without giving away the first few games , wins are gonna be hard enough to come by.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users