RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Break in at Wish Communications stadium (Castleford)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=2736

Little #######
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

So that's how Fev are improving their ground ;)

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Little #######

Agreed, though the headline of "Stadium Theft Confirmed" implies that their stadium has been stolen

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KΓΈbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Agreed, though the headline of "Stadium Theft Confirmed" implies that their stadium has been stolen

That's not how I read it
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Thieves broke into their trophy room too.
Police are asking if anyone is offered a yellow and black carpet to report it to them.
( sorry but you can't beat the old jokes)
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#6 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Perhaps the cabling is for the scoreboard some toe rag nicked from Belle Vue two years ago.

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS, 03 January 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#7 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Fev are improving there ground not making it worse lol

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Perhaps the cabling is for the scoreboard some toe rag nicked from Belle Vue two years ago.

Did they get anyone for that? :wink:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#9 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

it's a kick in the guts. we had some steelwork nicked from the new stands. something needs to be done about these lowlifes.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#10 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

I thought for a minute you had written "something needs to be done about lowfiield"!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,661 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sadly, this sort of theft will go on ad infinitum.

Everybody knows who's doing it yet nothing ever gets done about it.

Perhaps if we had a Police force with spine, then thefts like this might become history.

Sorry, this sort of rant should be on AOB.

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#12 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I feel angry about this. I work on the railway and I have to deal with, every week the damage & disruption caused by cable theft.

Some people think it is a "victimless crime" - it certainly is not.

My best wishes to Tigers - I hope the damage is not too bad and can be cheaply & quickly repaired.

#13 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

####,pure and simple.
On the bright side,they won't need to run cable to the home side of the scoreboard it never gets used anyway.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

####,pure and simple.
On the bright side,they won't need to run cable to the home side of the scoreboard it never gets used anyway.

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

#15 timhammonds

timhammonds
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

it's a kick in the guts. we had some steelwork nicked from the new stands. something needs to be done about these lowlifes.

Low life's!
I remember some one on the Fev 'Stadium Improvement' thread warning that this might happen when the 'new' stands were laid out on the training pitch.
There are so many people out there who will steal anything to make a few quid that if you caught one another would immediately replace him, I smiled when that idiot got burnt in 2011 when he ripped up live electricity cabling but we probably spent a fortune on his medical treatment and disability benefits for the rest of his life.

#16 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Not good. It's a pain, and the railways in the area are forever being targetted. Hopefully the other two clubs won't be targetted and the culprits caught and punished accordingly. :angry:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#17 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,148 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Do they have insurance for this sort of thing?
Posted Image

#18 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

The problem with these live-wires is that even if they're charged, they'll be straight back on to the circuit in no time; the only thing you can do is isolate them, and hope that they switch their behaviour to something more positive.

Either way, good luck to Cas - this might be the jolt they need to start the season with a bang.

Bren2K
Truly shocking !!
Posted Image

#19 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,616 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Maybe you need some Wiganers to help out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-20876045

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt, rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they haven't been hurt.

#20 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Terrible thing to happen. Hopefully something of interest to the police can turn up on traffic CCTV.

Edited by Wolford6, 03 January 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users