• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#1 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I may have missed the thread somewhere.
With the start of 2013 here already, who is the Major sponsor of Super League and who is Sponsoring this years World Cup?
The more exposure these companies get the better return for their investment.

Edited by AndyCapp, 03 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#2 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

good thread
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#3 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

good thread

it's of more importance and interest than a few cables being nicked from an ageing Rugby League ground.

Edited by a.n Other, 03 January 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

it's of more importance and interest than a few cables being nicked from an ageing Rugby League ground.

reply to it then and put me on ignore you boring twerp
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

not really, when its been covered plenty of times that the current deal with stobart hasn't finished. Do you really think stobart were happy to walk away from a deal that gave them great coverage for very little cost?

What's more worrying is the silent on the other sponsorships of the rest of the comps.

#6 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

reply to it then and put me on ignore you boring twerp

Why would I put you on ignore? You might have some valid points. You might not either, but that's a forum for you.

Edited by a.n Other, 03 January 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#7 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

not really, when its been covered plenty of times that the current deal with stobart hasn't finished. Do you really think stobart were happy to walk away from a deal that gave them great coverage for very little cost?

What's more worrying is the silent on the other sponsorships of the rest of the comps.

The Stobart deal ended at about 8pm on October 6th.

The (very experienced) new Commercial manager is working on it. All of them.
Posted Image

#8 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

The Stobarts deal would have to be the worst deal in living memory, my kids local School could cut a deal like that without raising a sweat.
Stobarts appear to believe their commitment to decal a few Trailers to be done.

Stobart Group Ends Super League Sponsorship

Stobart Group will end its title sponsorship of rugby Super League at the end of the 2012 season.

http://www.stobartgr...-title-sponsor/

A decal like that is worth less than $2,000 Aussie dollars, how many Trailers did they decal?

Edited by AndyCapp, 03 January 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#9 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

The Stobart deal ended at about 8pm on October 6th.

The (very experienced) new Commercial manager is working on it. All of them.

And with that post, all that needs to be said (that isn't just a repeat of the same threads every couple of weeks) has been said
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#10 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Was this said? it was suppose to be a 3 year deal...
"The Rugby Football League are today celebrating a three-year sponsorship deal with the Stobart Group they believe could be worth up to £2.5million a year.
100 trailers decaled at a cost of say 200-300k equates to a 2.5million dollar deal? how does that work?

Edited by AndyCapp, 03 January 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#11 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

"The Rugby Football League are today celebrating a three-year sponsorship deal with the Stobart Group they believe could be worth up to £2.5million a year.
100 trailers decaled at a cost of say 200-300k equates to a 2.5million dollar deal? how does that work?

If I recall they based the overall value on equivalent advertising costs etc not just in the cost of painting the trailers.

Edited by a.n Other, 03 January 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

The Stobart deal is over. It's gone, finished, in the past. It was worth a shot to try something different but unfortunately it didn't work out.

Please move on.

The (very experienced) new Commercial manager is working on new deals for all competitions. Let him get on with his job.

Posted Image

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Because the trailers are not just there to look pretty. They are moving billboards.

There are naturally disagreements around the effectiveness of this kind of advertising, but it definitely has a relatively high value. The company I work for will be using this kind of advertising this year - I don;t know too much about it tbh, but will be interested to see the budgets and expected returns.

Look at it this way:

100 trucks.
x 52 weeks
= 5200
If you use a starting point of £1m as the value, this means that it is costing £192 per truck per week. That is nothing and you'd struggle to get any kind of reasonable ads for £192. That would be swallowed up in minutes in digital advertising.

You then of course have creative and implementation costs, we can assume that Stobart paid for this.

The deal absolutely had a value, probably really quite high in marketing terms. Whether it was the right thing to do is a completely different discussion, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect to have to be paying well over £1m if you wanted to go with a full annual campaign like this.

#14 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Capp knows there has been no announcement,as usual he is just trolling for his own purposes.

#15 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Capp knows there has been no announcement,as usual he is just trolling for his own purposes.

bingo - hence my original post

Posted Image

#16 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,278 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

congratulations on your appointment.

how do you see your new role as arbiter of what isn't and is important to people on the TRL forum developing?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#17 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

congratulations on your appointment.

how do you see your new role as arbiter of what isn't and is important to people on the TRL forum developing?

Thanks

#18 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,509 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Because the trailers are not just there to look pretty. They are moving billboards.

There are naturally disagreements around the effectiveness of this kind of advertising, but it definitely has a relatively high value. The company I work for will be using this kind of advertising this year - I don;t know too much about it tbh, but will be interested to see the budgets and expected returns.

Look at it this way:

100 trucks.
x 52 weeks
= 5200
If you use a starting point of £1m as the value, this means that it is costing £192 per truck per week. That is nothing and you'd struggle to get any kind of reasonable ads for £192. That would be swallowed up in minutes in digital advertising.

You then of course have creative and implementation costs, we can assume that Stobart paid for this.

The deal absolutely had a value, probably really quite high in marketing terms. Whether it was the right thing to do is a completely different discussion, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect to have to be paying well over £1m if you wanted to go with a full annual campaign like this.

That was a very informative post indeed. I see the point.

There's me being told the naming rights had been given away for nowt.

Good swap?

#19 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

That was a very informative post indeed. I see the point.

There's me being told the naming rights had been given away for nowt.

Good swap?

I think the major issue with this kind of marketing is that it needed to be part of a major campaign, which would have needed more investment. Trucks on their own wouldn;t really work. Had they used the Extraordinary Rugby creative on the trucks, and then tactically used TV, Press, Digital etc with a consistent creative it could have worked well.

It's a little like selling Title sponsorship to ITV for a year based on three week's worth of TV ads. This may be worth over a million, but it's not an effective marketing campaign, so whilst it has a monetary value, it isn;t necessarily the best value for the sport.

Worth a go - but not brilliantly executed - and the negativity around the deal from the fans and media will not have helped in the slightest.

#20 bramleyrhino

bramleyrhino
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Suppose to be announcement this month on new SL sponsor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users