Sponsors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#81 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

As for the Challenge Cup deal, I'll judge when I see facts, not CM's idle speculation.
Posted Image

#82 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I love cricket, can't get enough of it.

Bit of a sweeping (and ill informed) statement about Pakistan.

That is your choice.
Why is it a sweeping statement about Pakistan?
You judge that it is ill informed on what basis.
I can point to many areas where Pakistan either supports or turns a blind eye to radical elements, the USA barely gets behind them as the alternative is worse.

#83 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

That is your choice.
Why is it a sweeping statement about Pakistan?
You judge that it is ill informed on what basis.
I can point to many areas where Pakistan either supports or turns a blind eye to radical elements, the USA barely gets behind them as the alternative is worse.

Start a thread in AOB if you want to discuss Pakistan, or cricket, or both together.

This thread is about Rugby League sponsors.

Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#84 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Indeed.

Indeed to which point?
Cricket is re inventing itself to try to stay alive every year, One day games 20/20 big bash Australia is one of the big Countries behind the game and its losing fans year on year, its as relevant as Squash.

Or was it the radical thing.?

#85 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Start a thread in AOB if you want to discuss Pakistan, or cricket, or both together.

This thread is about Rugby League sponsors.

Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

I was only responding to Jannerboys post

#86 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Indeed to which point?
Cricket is re inventing itself to try to stay alive every year, One day games 20/20 big bash Australia is one of the big Countries behind the game and its losing fans year on year, its as relevant as Squash.

Or was it the radical thing.?

Can't you read?

See my post above. :angry:

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#87 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Can't you read?

Yes I can read.
The fact I was posting in between your comment must have missed you.

I started this thread about Sponsors

#88 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Can't you read?

John can you read?
I asked on another thread who was on the Panel for the Golden Boot award, many others have asked this question, both here and on other Forums.
What was the answer please?
Don't care how they voted, wouldn't want the poor chaps to be assaulted on social media, who were the judges though?

#89 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

John can you read?
I asked on another thread who was on the Panel for the Golden Boot award, many others have asked this question, both here and on other Forums.
What was the answer please?
Don't care how they voted, wouldn't want the poor chaps to be assaulted on social media, who were the judges though?

Jesus, let it go. Did you want to know last season when an Aussie won it?

#90 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

yeah............i did

the fact i wanna know why the the likes of steve mascord,who normally votes,did'nt get asked this year?

Edited by roughyedspud, 18 January 2013 - 12:34 PM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#91 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

I cant ask the question?
Who is that in your Avatar Mate?
I don't think many Aussies rate it any more than the WCC or care, its an English Vehicle to promote the game in England and make the English fans feel warm and fuzzy like the WCC

An award is only worth something if you know who Judged or awarded it, that is not rocket science.
If I gave you an award as the best poster on any Forum in the World would it mean much to you?
I doubt it.
Without any knowledge of Judges what is the award worth?
Nothing basically its an award by a Magazine based in England with a vested interest in who they give the award to.

Its not complicated, its just that.

Edited by AndyCapp, 18 January 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#92 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I cant ask the question?
Who is that in your Avatar Mate?

What does that question have to do with this thread, or the umpteen others you post about the award in? It just smacks of bitterness.

Its the bestest prop in the world ever....in my opinion. Big James Pickering.

#93 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

no...it smacks of his question being avoided

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#94 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

What does that question have to do with this thread, or the umpteen others you post about the award in? It just smacks of bitterness.

Its the bestest prop in the world ever....in my opinion. Big James Pickering.

Good on you.
Never heard of him.
I am not bitter about who gets the Golden Boot, I am concerned that an award that once had credibility and helped build the foundations of this game is now owned by a magazine and is selected on some sort of bias.
I had no Horse in the race for the GB but if Sir Kev is the best player in the game based on individual ability not leadership or lifetime contribution then its time to move on.
Kevin Sinfield is a great all rounder and Club man, there are plenty of those just look at a player like Nathan Hindmarsh, he was never going to be a contender in any year, fans from other Clubs loved him. Was he the best in the World? nah.
Sinfield has always been a point of debate as to whether he should be picked for England a team that wins not much, suddenly he is the best in the World?

Come on................ he is not in the best 50 in the World.
He is not the best Captain either as many suggest, Paul Gallen is a better Captain that leads from the front and changes a game as is Cam Smith or several others.
Only my opinion, I do know that the award has lost any lustre it once had and that has been the case for several years, it may have been mentioned in the Oz press but it barely was noticed on Oz Forums or even commented about.

#95 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

To be fair, last season they revealed the judges IIRC
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#96 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I like Canetman sharing his thoughts on the question of sponsorship - and other matters too. I do not doubt that he has more knowledge of these things than I do. I find reading his posts to be compelling...

However, I do wish he would share this knowledge more fully and transparently and am puzzled as to why he insists on being so coy and enigmatic on a rugby league forum such as this one. I wonder too if he has ever thought of offering his services to the RFL - in exchange for proper remuneration, of course - as his list of contacts appears to be an extensive one? I do not dismiss what CM has to say, but the manner in which he says it sometimes seems to make him appear as if he enjoys the difficulties rugby league faces and, although he might have the answers, he is not willing to let us know precisely what they are...

On some other points: I remember James Pickering as a marvellous, crowd-pleasing front rower with a very skilful off-load. It's a shame that Andy Capp has never heard of him for he might have enjoyed watching him play.

Irrespective of who won the Golden Boot - I do not understand why AC's perfectly reasonable question regarding the names of the judges remains unanswered.

#97 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Good on you.
Never heard of him.

Fine player, always exciting to watch. Played for Auckland, Workington, Canterbury, Easts, Castleford and Canterbury again, as well as representing Fiji.

Current chairman of the Australian Fijian Rugby League.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#98 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

I like Canetman sharing his thoughts on the question of sponsorship - and other matters too. I do not doubt that he has more knowledge of these things than I do. I find reading his posts to be compelling...

However, I do wish he would share this knowledge more fully and transparently and am puzzled as to why he insists on being so coy and enigmatic on a rugby league forum such as this one. I wonder too if he has ever thought of offering his services to the RFL - in exchange for proper remuneration, of course - as his list of contacts appears to be an extensive one? I do not dismiss what CM has to say, but the manner in which he says it sometimes seems to make him appear as if he enjoys the difficulties rugby league faces and, although he might have the answers, he is not willing to let us know precisely what they are...

On some other points: I remember James Pickering as a marvellous, crowd-pleasing front rower with a very skilful off-load. It's a shame that Andy Capp has never heard of him for he might have enjoyed watching him play.

Irrespective of who won the Golden Boot - I do not understand why AC's perfectly reasonable question regarding the names of the judges remains unanswered.

Cheers Traki, I do remember Pickering if I am to be Honest he only played a handful of NRL games so the memory is small.
If a Panel can not be named then if reflects on the worth of the Award, that is pretty simple I would have thought.
10 unknown people award the Golden Boot to Blah Blah Blah...... pretty important award that one.

Edited by AndyCapp, 18 January 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#99 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Fine player, always exciting to watch. Played for Auckland, Workington, Canterbury, Easts, Castleford and Canterbury again, as well as representing Fiji.

Current chairman of the Australian Fijian Rugby League.

Is that right he only played 23 NRL games?

#100 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Is that right he only played 23 NRL games?

He had a lot of injuries during his first stint at Canterbury.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users