Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Morrison pencils in dinner date

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Click here to check out the latest e-release from Dewsbury Rams.

'Like' the news on Facebook

Retweet it on Twitter

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Will the construction get underway before the fundraising event on January 19 or after ? It will take a lot of hard work to get it completed for the Leigh game on March 17,good luck to everyone involved.

#3 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

We really need people to get behind this dinner , batley regularly make a success of theirs and we badly need the supporters to make an effort to join in . I have sold a few tickets to non club men and i urge all who can attend to do so . If this is not a success it will be a right kick in the goolies .

#4 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

We really need people to get behind this dinner , batley regularly make a success of theirs and we badly need the supporters to make an effort to join in . I have sold a few tickets to non club men and i urge all who can attend to do so . If this is not a success it will be a right kick in the goolies .

Yes GFDU , BISSA have had 8 annual dinners , all a success,and generating a substantial profit. If you had other like minded people, like yourself, the Rams would have a successful squadbuilder association.

Edited by colinb, 03 January 2013 - 08:38 PM.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#5 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Think they do have one Colin but its run by the club i think, NOT the best idea

#6 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Not strictly true gary , i have the chequebook for our squadbuilder but its a real struggle to try to build it up and expand it on my own .

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Unfortunatly 35 quid is alot of money to some fans when were in a recession and then you need drinks on top of that and no doubt theyl be a auction and things.... To some fans getting a season ticket and supporting the friendly games is the only thing they can do, especialy those not as well off and with families and morgages ect.. maybe we could have a stand donation at the fax game though for those who cant afford to attend due to the price but do have some money theyd like to donate?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 03 January 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#8 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

That is a very fair point DTID but my reply would be that other clubs supporters manage to support their clubs functions and they surely on the whole cannot be generaly better off than our people can they . We still have the cheapest best value season tickets around but still some of our fans moan about the cost .
One bloke i was talking to the other day was complaining about admission prices yet he smokes £15 worth of cigarettes a day ,I understand it is difficult for a lot of people but the simple fact is that without supporters putting their hands in their pockets we will not survive .

#9 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 926 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Not strictly true gary , i have the chequebook for our squadbuilder but its a real struggle to try to build it up and expand it on my own .

Can you PM me your email address.

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,223 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

I for one would like to attend, in particular to support these efforts. For a whole host of reasons I am unable to but this doesn't mean that I, and many others like me, am unsupportive.

Is there any other way to make a contribution to this effort?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

For those that can't attend the dinner,we could have bucket collections around the ground at our two friendly games,so we could all say we have done something to contribute to the fund.We could even try to get Halifax and Bradford fans to give something,they like a good collection every now and then.

#12 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Unfortunatly 35 quid is alot of money to some fans when were in a recession and then you need drinks on top of that and no doubt theyl be a auction and things.... To some fans getting a season ticket and supporting the friendly games is the only thing they can do, especialy those not as well off and with families and morgages ect.. maybe we could have a stand donation at the fax game though for those who cant afford to attend due to the price but do have some money theyd like to donate?

I agree that timing for this dinner is terrible. I was last paid just before Xmas and the next payday is Thursday 31st jan. Since then we have had xmas and the new year and I have just bought 3 season tickets. With this in mind £70 for a pair of tickets is a big ask.

#13 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

You are seen as a club official be it true or not Keith, it really needs to be 100% independant from the club

#14 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I for one would like to attend, in particular to support these efforts. For a whole host of reasons I am unable to but this doesn't mean that I, and many others like me, am unsupportive.

Is there any other way to make a contribution to this effort?

Tom

I'm in a similar situation to BSJ - fact is my social life is largely on hold at the moment. If there is a special account for the project, I could drop off a cheque to the office on sunday - who would I make it payable to, to ensure it went towards the fund ? Also, although I contribute to DREMA and squadbuilder an amount I know I can comfortably afford, there are occasions when I have a bit of spare cash which I would be prepared to donate to squadbuilder on an ad hoc basis. Is there a facility for this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users