Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Old rugby shirts for charity

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

The Whitehaven fans are collecting old replica rugby shirt for Stanley gene charity. All shirts will be going back to png so that lads have kits to play in.

I think it would be great if the town fans could have a wip round for this as well. Shirts can be dropped off at the club and kiss the snake has said he would be more than happy to collect as he is running this scheme.

Edited by rockerlad, 03 January 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Come on Town fans get sorting out your old tops for a very good cause.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Make sure the Jam Stains are washed off . --------------> runs for door.

HW

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Make sure the Jam Stains are washed off ������. --------------> runs for door.

HW

#5 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

U have 5 shirts, that's a great donation.

HW

#6 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

#7 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Make sure the Jam Stains are washed off ��. --------------> runs for door.

HW

What about the strawberry jam coloured tops Haven wore last season..... :rolleyes:
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#8 TownTownTown

TownTownTown
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Or what about the old away top with a brown splat across the shoulder. Just like they had been s*!t on from a great height by a seagull!!

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

They are still wanting old shirts for this charity if any of you can help. They also want pencils, stationery, bandages and first aid equipment. It is for junior RL clubs in PNG.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Is there any contact details for Kiss the snake? and when is the deadline?

#11 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Is it true you can hand them into the Town office for collection? Ive got a couple they can have.

#12 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

You will need to register on yet haven forum and pm him

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Anyone who has any shirts, etc, ring 07764684125 and Peter will arrange to collect them. Thanks .

#14 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

We've just donated about a dozen bags of kit from Glasson rangers seems like a decent fella and a good cause

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

We've just donated about a dozen bags of kit from Glasson rangers seems like a decent fella and a good cause

Well done Gonch and the Glasson club it is for a good cause

#16 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Should be plenty of free tickets for the Glasson players at the wreck this season then. Unless some of the would rather stick pins in themselves that is.....

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Still looking for more strips, etc, for this worthy cause.

Any other amateur clubs junior teams wanting to pass on their old strips would be welcome. They have got them from Glasson, Kells, Wath Brow, Haven but none from Town or other amateur clubs in Allerdale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users